Wednesday, November 18, 2009

13 Months Old

I have been wanting to post about Alayna being 13 months, but have been waiting until I got more pictures, but these last few weeks I think Alayna has not been feeling up to getting her picture taken and I have not been up to being the picture taker. So there aren't many pictures, but you take what you can get around here.

Here are the stats from Alayna's One Year Check-up:

19 lbs. 2 oz. (20th percentile)
30 inches (50th percentile)

I feel like a broken record when I say that she is growing up so much and learning lots of new things each day, but it is true. I have a lot to report this month.

So here we go...

Eating.

This is always an adventure. While she has not been too picky of an eater just yet, she has recently decided that she needs to be in control. She insists on feeding herself with a spoon. As you can imagine, this causes quite the mess at times. Luckily she has not become completely opposed to us feeding her so we do manage to gain control of the spoon at times. Although, we have to be somewhat sneaky.

She has also learned how to drink from a straw, but is not the best at it.

Oh, and finally....Alayna is officially weaned! We made it. I was able to nurse her for a full year. And I must admit that I am proud of that fact.

Sleeping.

I am PROUD to report that Alayna is sleeping through the night. I feel human once again. No, really I was just fine with the once a night feeding session, but I will admit, there is nothing like going to sleep and knowing that you don't have to wake up 'til morning.

I am also excited to report that naps are back in order around here. Apparently the whole "getting molars" thing was the source of the problem. Now that we got that under control, I am a happy mom.

Are you still with me?

And what kind of mom would I be if I did not tell you what kind of new things Alayna is doing developmentally?

*She can give you "Five".

*She just has learned how to play peekaboo with her blanket. It seriously is so cute. I will have to catch it on video so you can see for yourself how cute it really is. She holds her blanket in front of her face while you say, "Where's Layna?" and then she will pull it down and say something in jibberish which I am pretty sure is the equivalent to "Peekaboo."

*Most of the time when you say "Nice to meet you", she will shake your hand.

*She is still afraid of the vacuum. I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but she has NEVER liked the vacuum. She will sit on your lap with her head on your shoulder while someone is vacuuming. So, in our house, we have arguments over who's turn it is to hold Alayna while the other person vacuums because this is one of the only times she will snuggle.

*Once There Was a Snowman still is her favorite song and has been since she was two months old.

Whew! Sorry. I hope you made it through all of that.

Now, on to the pictures!






And if you can stand this post being a little bit longer, then you have to watch this precious video of my dad and Alayna. He was making her laugh so hard.
Enjoy!


5 comments:

Cameron and Wendy said...

This post just made me laugh, because I swear Alayna and Miley are the same people! Miley also loves to be in control of feedng herself (ugh...). And the vacuum thing sound slike you could be in our house. Same exact situation. Miley hates the vacuum and Cameron and I always want to be the one o hold her cuz she never snuggles either, but with the vcuum is all about it!

I really hope to be able to seeyou guys over Christmas...Alayna is such a doll!

Carolyn said...

She is darling! Sounds like she is growing up so much. I'm glad you've got the sleep thing under control; that's huge! At least for me, if I'm not sleeping well, everything seems ten times harder than it would be otherwise.

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! You are a great mom.

KaLee said...

I love when babies are laughing so hard, you can't tell if they are laughing or crying. It may be one of my most favorite things ever. Such a cute girl. Apparently, our family raises kids who start sleeping through the night at 13 months. I'll see if I can rectify that with this next one.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

She is so cute!!!!
I can't believe she is 13 months already.
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

Time is flying. Way to go on the nursing - I'm proud of you, too. Hope to see the peek-a-boo video soon!