So, we're here. In Thatcher, Arizona that is. 980 miles away from our beloved Laramie.
After 20 hours on the road, we made it and still lived to tell the tale. Alayna did so good. She was AMAZING in fact. After one break down (20 minutes of crying in the car) on the first day of traveling, she seemed to get the idea that we were going to be in the car for quite sometime, and she seriously was so awesome. We couldn't have asked for a better little traveling girl.
So now we are on to the next big task. Finding a place to live. While we were thinking that it wouldn't be too terribly bad, it hasn't, but I will say that it hasn't been all that amazing either. Luckily we are staying with some family friends right now, so we don't have to worry about staying in a motel and their daughter, that also lives here, has let us unload all of our stuff into her garage, so we don't have to pay longer for the U-haul or find some sort of storage. AND we get home cooked meals instead of fast food night after night. So really our situation is good and they are incredibly helpful. They really are just so wonderful.
But the down side is finding a place to live in a timely manner. That just hasn't been happening. While the valley that we now live in is comparable to the size of Laramie (maybe just a bit smaller, actually) there just aren't that many places to rent. And call us crazy, but we kind of want something nice to live in. For example: preferably no cockroaches. Please. Dan may or may not have seen some of them in a place that we looked at. Granted, they were dead. But dead or alive, I don't want them in my house. On the other hand we have seen a few very nice places, but time is not working on our side. I think we may be learning a lesson of patience, as Dan put it.
Anyway, we are here. We are doing good. And we are on the hunt for a place to live. Keeping us in your prayers would be much appreciated! I know we have been praying our little hearts out. Thanks!
FYI: More posts to come. A lot has gone on these last two weeks. It's unbelievable. Hope you don't mind a little catch up. :)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
We made it, and we're still alive!
Posted by Erica at 5:21 PM
Labels: Alayna, Arizona, house hunting, moving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you guys made it safely. I have been meaning to call one of these evenings and touch base.:)
Sounds like you are having a grand adventure! I'll remember you in my 'prayer chair'. I'll update the family list as soon as you get an address. Good luck.
This inbetween stuff can be pretty obnoxious, eh? I'm glad that Alayna's been good and you guys have a good place to stay in the meantime though. Looking forward to the catch ups!
OK This is so sad and pathetic, I am embarrassed to even mention it...but, I have not been to church for some time (due to sicknesses or traveling) and so when I looked at our ward bulletin this last Sunday, I noticed a new name in the bishopric and had to ask Adam about it. "What happened to Dan Stevens' name here?" I asked.... "Why was he released?" He then informed me that you moved (he always gets to go to church because he is in Young Men's) and I was so bummed. :/ I didn't even get to say goodbye. Boo.
Anyway, I am glad to read that you are there safe. I do hope you love it and we will miss you dearly!!! ~Jeffi
Post a Comment