Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wedding Festivities

I know you are all dying to here details about the house.  Or maybe it's me dying to tell you details about the house...

but first thing's first. 

The wedding.  

I've had a few requests for wedding details. 

So here they are in the form of pictures because, well, pictures are so much better than any story that I could tell.

The wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  It took place in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. (They picked a great place if I do say so myself.  I remember a good lookin' couple getting married there a little over 6 years ago. Dan, I hope you remember too :)

So, without further ado, the happy couple right after they came out of the temple.  Don't they look good?  Alicia's dress was gorgeous.  Seriously, so pretty.  And it helps that she has a darling little figure.

The little kids rushed up to them.  Alayna was quite taken with Alicia's princess dress.


Before we left for the luncheon, I was fortunate enough to capture this precious moment.  As you know, I babysat Easton and Kendree when we lived in Laramie so they were over at our house quite a bit.  With the big move, Alayna just doesn't get to see them (except on skype).  I think it's safe to say they miss each other because before they embraced, they said each other's names and held out their arms.  Too stinkin' cute if you ask me.
The next few pics are at the reception in Star Valley.  For some reason Alayna thought she was the star of the show.  She would come and stand in the line for a while, sit in their chairs, and twirl and dance for everyone.  Occasionally that dancing including her lifting her dress for all to see.  We had a couple of talks about keeping her dress down.  Maybe she wanted to do a little belly dancing, I don't know.  :) 

(Sorry about the sideways glance, Adam, but I opted for the picture that Alicia looked best in.  Don't worry, Alicia, I got your back.  We girls got to stick together.)




Getting ready to throw the bouquet.  Here the bridesmaids are anxiously awaiting....although neither one of them got it.  :)

 The throw. 


Now on to the garter.


 I love how cute Alicia's face is.
 Adam, you're so weird, but we still love ya. 

 This picture all sweet and innocent, but what you don't know is two seconds later they are shoving cake in each other's faces.
A family photo.  It actually turned out pretty good.


While we were in Star Valley, we stayed at these adorable cabins.  They were so nice and cozy. 
Now, on to the Laramie reception. 

Alayna with her curlers in her hair helping us set up.


 This little duo.  They were almost inseparable.

 I had to document the puff balls that we made.  Sarah, my mom, and I stayed up 'til almost midnight the night before making these, but it was worth it.  We got a lot of nice compliments. 
 And the final wedding festivity that I was able to document was the opening of the presents. 

Here is Alicia.
 And here is Adam.  Why does this not surprise me?  Seriously, what would we do without you Ad?  I'm glad we have you around to keep things fun. :)
There you have it.  The wedding festivities.  I am so grateful that I was able to be there for it all.  It was such a blast.  And I am so glad Alicia is a part of our family.  Congrats you guys!  We love you!

2 comments:

Cameron and Wendy said...

Looks like it was fun...all of Adam's facial expressions seriously crack me up. Alayna is so darling. I can't get over how cute she is! KaLee did a great job on her little dress...

I am so excited to hear house details! Houses pretty much consume my mind these days. Gosh...when did we get so grown up and start buying houses??

Cindy said...

Love the sweet photo of Easton and Alayna. It was so good to visit with you!