Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Loose tooth

Last Friday I noticed something "slightly off" with Alayna's bottom right middle tooth.  The spacing looked kind of weird.  So I took a closer look and realized that she had a loose tooth.  

After the shock wore off that my FOUR year old, who might I add, is not even in school yet (she's two weeks away from going to PRE-school) had a loose tooth, I asked her if she got hit in the mouth.  I mean, this couldn't be that she really just had a loose tooth, right?  My little girl is not that big.  But she insisted that she didn't get bumped, knocked, hit or anything of the sort. 

After holding back the tears for a second (I mean, seriously, how did we get to the point of loosing teeth already!), we all exclaimed how exciting it was to have a loose tooth!

Well, this little girl wiggled that tooth like crazy....



and with the help of an anxious daddy (he just couldn't stand how loose that tooth became and it STILL wasn't falling out), that tooth fell out (or rather was slightly pulled out by daddy)!


After some tears, (This girl doesn't like change.  I think she would have kept that loose tooth forever.) we convinced her to look in the mirror.  And then she became excited.  She can't stop checking it out in the mirror!  She has already been discovering all the exciting perks that come along with a gap in your smile, like drinking through a straw.  :)

Look at that smile!  I can't believe how big she looks!




Now, let's see if that tooth fairy does a good job!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's been a long time since I've read any blogs, so, kinda fun to see how big your girls are getting!

Avery knocks one of her front top teeth loose all the time, but it always tightens back up. Reading this about Alayna's sets me at ease though. It didn't even occur to me to look up the average age of the first lost tooth. Looks like it's not uncommon for 4-year-olds. Good to know!

Sparks Fam said...

oh, she looks so cute with that missing tooth! Gabby has 4 loose teeth right now. She's just gonna look weird with them all missing at once, ha ha.