I can't possibly let another day go by with out updating on the rest of my pregnancy.
I am 40 weeks tomorrow. YES. 40 weeks! My due date.
How I am here, I am not quite sure. To say this pregnancy flew by, would actually be a lie. I don't know what it was, (possibly the timing of moving and adjusting to a new area), but overall this pregnancy did not go quickly. Although the last month has.
While I do have rather good pregnancies, this pregnancy was a bit harder. Not tons, but some. Chalk that up to age, third baby, him being a boy, I don't know. All I know is, there were more aches and pains and uncomfortable moments this go around. There were times that my body just wasn't feeling like dealing with all that comes with pregnancy, but we made it through. I and consider that a success!
While there were times I didn't relish everything about pregnancy, I have to say that I really do enjoy being pregnant. Call me crazy, but toward the end I get a little sad to think that soon I will not feel his little movements and kicks. Soon I won't have a pregnant belly. (that contains a baby, at least.) But that does mean that soon I will have a sweet babe in my arms!
Now, on to the details. Tomorrow is the day. Well, the day that you have in your head. The day you tell everyone. The day that really is just a guess of when your baby will come. And based off of this little guy's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow really isn't the day. He seems to have such a mellow, calm demeanor thus far. And I don't think he is in a big hurry to get here. Him, and my doctors both.
My experience with my doctors has also been quite relaxed. I can't decide if it's because we live in a small town and things are just more low key or if it's my doctor's personality or if it's partly me. This is the first time that we haven't had a scheduled induction. Alayna was 6 days late and so they induced me, and I was induced with Brylen because of Dan's crazy work schedule and my mom was flying in from another state. This time Dan has a flexible work schedule, we don't live in a different state, and my doctors haven't really encouraged induction to this point. Unlike with both my girls, I am not dilated. Like I said, I think this little guy is quite content. And I tend to lean towards letting my babies decide when they are ready to come. Not when I am ready. (Luckily with Alayna my water broke on it's own in the hospital and I was already contracting when I went in to have Brylen.) In fact, sometimes I don't know if I will ever feel ready. Babies are always easier in than out, I always say.
Either way, I am going in for a doctor's appointment tomorrow and then my doctor and I will determine what route to take. I tested positive for Group B so I need to have antibiotics before I deliver and my doctors are somewhat concerned that with my short labors, we won't have enough time to get both doses in me. This was a factor when I delivered Alayna. In fact, I distinctively remember them telling me not to push because they had to (literally) squeeze the last dose of medicine in me. One way to avoid this is to be induced. That way they can administer the medicine right from the start.
I, on the other hand, can't decide what I want to do because I delivered Brylen all naturally and preferred it (my recovery was TONS better) and I would like to attempt that again, so I don't necessarily want to be induced unless my body is showing signs of being ready. One way or the other, this little guy will be joining our family in the next week or so. And I have to admit, we are really excited to meet him, see who he looks like, and see how perfectly he fits into our family!!!
And as proof that I am indeed at the end of pregnancy, here I am at 39 and a half weeks. Yes, baby is all out in front. Yes, I am bigger this pregnancy than last. And yes, he is feeling quite heavy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment