With all the traveling we did this month, I have not had time to post about Alayna being 5 months. So here we go. Better late than never.
5 Months Old! This past month Alayna has learned so many new things. It is exciting to watch her and see how much she has grown. Her physical appearance has changed as well over the past month.
It seems that her cheeks have gotten more and more rosy the last few weeks. I have gotten several comments about her rosy little cheeks. This feature seemed to win the people over on the plane.Her hair is another feature that has been changing over the past few months. I am afraid the flash on the camera has been deceiving many of you because in pictures her hair looks quite dark, but in real life her hair is actually lightening. It is now a lot like the color of my hair (strawberry blond as my mom likes to call it). It may not have as much red as mine, but there is some.
This picture doesn't totally do it justice, but you can tell it is not as dark as it used to be.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
5 Months Old
Lastly, the fake cough. It has become a sound that I hear a few times throughout the day. And there is no doubt that it is fake. I don't know why she does it. She just does. At least it's not a real one.
For Valentine's Day we got a Baby Einstein DVD for Alayna. Over the past few weeks, she has started liking it more. She can actually sit there for almost all of it.
Here she is just chillin' in the Bumbo chair.
And by the way, teething is not my favorite thing (and I'm sure it's not Alayna's favorite either), but it has given me some WONDERFUL cuddle time with my sweet little girl. The other day I just sat and held her for 40 minutes (which Never happens). And she just let me. It was perfect.
Toes. They have been a fascination for Alayna for quite sometime, but she has not been able to grab them and pull them to her until just recently. They must be yummy. She has them in her mouth quite often.
No more noodle legs! Thanks to Grandma L. Alayna can stand. Really well. And for a long time. When my parents first came to visit us a couple of days before we went to Laramie, Alayna did not stand on her legs. They were "noodle legs" as we call them. And by the time we came back from Laramie, she was standing like a pro. Grandma L. worked with her every time she played with her.
This was the first thing that Dan noticed when we came home. Thanks Grandma!
And now, her biggest accomplishment. Rolling over (from tummy to back). I was beginning to think she wasn't going to ever roll over. But I was ok with that. I still don't know what I think about mobility for her.
I am actually partly to blame in the fact that it took her so long. As mentioned in a previous post, she HATES tummy time so I did not make her do it as much as I should, to avoid the crying, but here she is. Rolling over. Yea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a little cutie! She just looks so happy in every single picture! I love her huge smile! I can't believe she is 5 months already...it goes fast, huh?
I love the picture of her chilling in her chair....What a life....
So cute!! They change so much in the first year. Every month or day, there is something new.
That Bumbo picture is pretty funny, along with the fact that she sucks on her toes! What a goof. Where did you get all those sweet headbands with the big flowers on them?
She is getting so big! Her hair really is getting lighter, and I can't believe she got her first tooth! She is darling.
Post a Comment