Friday, March 27, 2009

Laramie

Alayna and I just got back from a trip to Laramie to see my family. I had not been back to my hometown since we moved in June and it was a much needed vacation for the both of us. We had such a great time spending time with family and friends. It was her first trip to Laramie and I think she really enjoyed it.

Of course I did not get the camera out as much as I should have so some important family members are not pictured (Sarah, KaLee, Ronnie, Easton, Phil, Karissa, Craig). So I guess we will have to make another trip before long.

Here is Grandma and Alayna reading her bedtime story, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See? One of my favorite parts of being with family was the extra help all the time. Grandma is getting Alayna in her nightie. Alayna sure looks like she enjoys spending a little one on one time with Grandma.

Uncle Jordan and Alayna. Aren't they so cute together? It was so fun to watch them play together. Jordan is such a great Uncle.


Grandpa is telling Alayna some of his great stories. Look at how interested she is.
What a cute pair. Alayna loved Grandpa...especially his glasses. Those glasses kept Alayna entertained (and quiet) during church for several minutes. It was so fun to watch them interact.
Most of our time in Laramie was spent in warm weather (high 50's/low 60's), but toward the end of our stay, the typical Wyoming weather got the best of us. This picture doesn't even really do it justice. There was a pretty big storm and it was quite cold. (I definitely am getting used to the weather in St. George. It was in the 80's while I was enduring this weather.) I had to scrape my windshield. Something that I haven't done in a year! That was weird.
As always, the days flew by and our vacation was over before we knew it. We had a marvelous time and can't wait to go back.

Here is Alayna flying in an airplane for the first time. I think she likes it. Don't you?

My little brother, Jordan, told my mom that it wasn't fair that Alayna got to ride in a plane when she was only 5 months old. He had to wait a lot longer than that. Too funny.


By the way, Alayna did great on the plane! She cried for maybe 10 minutes collectively. I think she didn't like it when the Captain would talk on the intercom. It was pretty loud. And she fell asleep within 30 seconds of take off. (Probably the fastest she has ever fallen asleep in my arms.) Do you think there is a way to create that plane ride effect during church? I would kill for her to fall asleep that fast again.

Oh, and she did even better in the car on the way to Laramie. She maybe cried for twenty minutes collectively throughout the 10 hours. I am not kidding. If you don't believe me, ask my family.

We loved our trip, but there is nothing like being with Daddy. We sure did miss him!

(The entire hand in the mouth is due the tooth that is coming in.)

Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us come!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like she had a great trip! I remember flying back and forth with Maya about every 3 months when she was a baby, it was so easy with just the 2 of us. Now that I have 3, well, we haven't been to Utah in a long time, and no trips are on the horizon! Life is simple with just one, be sure and have lots of fun!

Carolyn said...

I'm impressed that she did so well, both in the car and on the airplane! That's good to hear. And I'm glad you had such a fun trip!