Thursday, September 24, 2009

11 Months Old

Our little Layna is now 11 months old. Time really is flying. Where is my little newborn?

She is learning and discovering so much. She is so close to walking. I can feel it is coming. She will take three or four steps on her own and she will walk along furniture and walls. She is getting really brave.

Recently she has discovered cupboards and drawers. I know. Darn. I was hoping she would skip interest in them all together. We are slowly starting to baby proof.

We have found a new food that she loves. French fries. What kid doesn't like them? She could eat all of them herself. She is a french fry hog.


Yes. She is still doing head stands all the time. I don't know why, but multiple times a day she does one of these.

She is changing in her looks as well. Her hair is past her eyes if it is not curly. She is is just looking older. Here is an out of control hair picture. Wyoming wind plus just got up from a nap and won't keep her headband on equals CRAZY hair. :)

Yikes! Look at that hair! But you look dang good in those sunglasses. (Note: She kept those sunglasses on for about 5 seconds. Just long enough to get one picture.)


This last month we have noticed Alayna has been talking a lot! She is a little jabber-box. She especially loves to talk on the phone. She now understands that you are supposed to hold the phone up to your ear, which is her neck area. She also will hold the phone up to my neck so I can talk. What a helper.
Here she is doing a little texting.

And here is a sample of Alayna's walking. She is a bit wobbly, but getting there. Before I know it, she will be running around the house.




2 comments:

Kelly and Kyla said...

Love the sunglasses...too CUTE!!!

Sarah said...

haha! Cool!