Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Can I toot my own horn for a minute?

You are reading the blog of a person who has survived being the wife of a shift worker for an entire year.

Now if you are anything like I was a year ago, you wouldn't really know what an accomplishment that is, but let me assure you that it is indeed cause for me to toot my horn.

I never thought having a husband who works nights as well as days, weekends as well as weekdays, and 14 hour shifts where no cell phones are allowed would be so challenging for the wife (as well as the husband), but it is..  I was completely oblivious to the toll it would take sometimes. 

But we did it!  A year has gone by, we are still alive and we know the ins and outs of shift work.  We don't have it perfect yet, but we are getting there.

And now, I really have to give a shout out to the main superstar.  My husband.  He is A-MA-ZING!  Seriously.  He is our rock.  I know this year has been challenging for him schedule-wise, but he almost never complains.  And when he is home, he is home.  He's completely focused on us.  And that says A LOT!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

That is tough stuff, and I don't envy you. Good job to both of you!