Our hospital stay was a bit longer than the typical 24 hours due to the fact that Brylen was born at night and they do not discharge patients at night, so we had to stay an extra night before being released on the second morning. To say I was ready to go home by the time we were discharged would be an understatement. I was SO ready to go home, sleep in my own bed (undisturbed by nurses), and be with my sweet family. In fact, there may or may not have been a few tears shed over the fact that I was READY to go home.
But we were well taken care of and had a pleasant experience (minus the fact that they didn't have a nursery to send your baby to which meant little to no sleep). Already in the hospital I could tell my recovery was much better this time around. I was amazed at how good I felt. I remember feeling like I got hit by a train after having Alayna and this time around I was dreading that same experience, but to my surprise recovery has gone so much better. And I think part of that is because this is my second time around and my body knows what to do and the other part is the fact that I didn't have an epidural. They say recovery is easier if you don't have an epidural and from my experience, I would say it's true.
Enough of the boring details, on to the pictures....
Just minutes old. Look at that double chin.
And cheeks.Grandma holding Brylen for the first time. Look at all her hair. Although, Alayna did have more, Brylen does indeed have a head full as well.
Kisses. We can't stop giving her kisses.
Sleeping angel.
Is that a smile I see?!?
Dressed and ready to go home.
2 comments:
What a cutie pie....I'm sure you all are having so much fun. Hope your feeling well and getting some rest.
such great pictures! she is the cutest!
Post a Comment