Monday, December 10, 2012

First snow

It has now snowed like three times since we have moved here.  Seriously.  It is crazy.  These last few months I have been bracing myself for the cold and snow.  And then it really hasn't been all that cold.  Or snowy....until a couple days ago.

Several weeks ago, it snowed for the first time and Alayna was. IN. HEAVEN.  I mean, we are talking about the girl that has lived in warm climates most of her life.  She couldn't wait to get her "snow jacket" (coat) on and go play.  It only took two seconds to realize that we were in desperate need of snow gear.  Luckily, Alayna didn't seem to mind.

Here she is posing before she went out.  She LOVES her boots.


And right  before she headed out.  Her cute hat was made for her by her sweet sunbeam teacher as a going away gift.  Isn't it darling?


Making her very first snowman.
And the finished product.
The second time it snowed we actually had snow pants, so she jumped at the chance to make a snow angel.



Alayna wants it to snow all the time so she can go out and play.  (Wonder when that will wear off.) But for now we're just enjoying it.  

P.S.  Let it be known that I changed my car to the auto 4 wheel drive setting for the first time in over two years.  I didn't know whether to be excited or sad about that.