Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thanksgiving

Yes, Thanksgiving.  I know I am only 4 months behind.  But better late than never.  Right?

Our Thanksgiving was low key this year.  And I actually liked it that way.  Dan's mom came over and celebrated with us.  But other than that, it was just us.  (Dan was on call Thanksgiving weekend, so we couldn't go anywhere.)

I tried to do as much cooking as I could beforehand so I wouldn't be in the kitchen all day on Thanksgiving.  And it worked.  At midnight, the night before I may have cursed my idea, but on Thanksgiving, I was actually grateful to have a somewhat relaxed morning.  

The girls enjoyed some coloring before Grandma showed up.


And Alayna was a great helper in the kitchen.  She LOVED wearing her turkey apron that she made at Preschool.  
After our feast, (which was fantastic, if I do say so myself) Ilene was kind enough to babysit while Dan and I went to see the second Hunger Games movie.  

It was the perfect day.  Food, family, fun, and a date with my handsome man all in one day!

0 comments: