Friday, August 22, 2008

Trying to be Crafty

After moving, unpacking, organizing, and organizing some more, I stumbled across something...

An unopened sewing machine. Yes. The box had actually never been opened.

Dan had given me this sewing machine for my birthday (7 MONTHS AGO!!!). Believe it or not, I was thrilled when he gave it to me. It was something that had been on my wishlist for several years, but I had never gotten.

There was just one thing that came between me and that sewing machine. Time. I never found the time to start a sewing project. Sound familiar? It seems to be the case with a lot of things I want to do.

Now that school is out and the baby is not here yet, I figured it was the perfect time for me to open that box and see what I could really do. (Let me assure you, not much.)

So, I thought of a few projects that I wanted to tackle and I began "trying" to be crafty. I found out that I am not as talented at the sewing machine as I would like to be, but I am definitely getting better.

So, here they are, in all their glory. (yeah, right.)
Two of my sewing projects.



Mind you, they are NOT perfect, but I figure people will be look at the adorable little girl wearing the dresses, not the uneven stitching.

10 comments:

Stevens Family said...

Erica - let me tell you that those are sooo cute! I did not really tackle any sewing projects until my oldest daughter was born (8 years ago) and the dresses I made were.... well, let's just say that I didn't want anyone who has sewn before to look too closely. I have gotten better with years and lots more dresses for practice. But those dresses are SOO cute! You did a great job! :)

Stevens Family said...

Sorry - I should mention who I am. I'm KaLee's sister-in-law - Ronnie's older sister blogstalking you from California.

Jason and Amanda said...

Those are really cute! They look like something you bought. You are going to have so much fun dressing your little girl. Have you guys picked a name yet?

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Wow, you did a great job. They are both so cute. I wish I could sew like that. Your baby girl will look so cute:)

Jill Asay said...

Way to go. The dresses are adorable! I wish I was that crafty. Maybe one of these days I'll take up sewing...along with alot of other things I would like to do!

Carrie said...

Those dresses are really cute. Great job.

Craig and Karissa said...

Erica, those dresses are so cute! You did a great job!!

Jill said...

way to go erica...those are so adorable! I always admire people that know how to use a sewing machine, that is foreign territory for me!

Carolyn said...

You did a wonderful job! I am completely and totally impressed! :) I think you're right though...people will focus their attention on your darling little girl who is wearing the dress!

Sarah said...

Looks like you did pretty good to me.