Monday, September 20, 2010

He Did It!

Friday was the big day.

Dan graduated from WyoTech!

And now I am going to brag about my awesome husband. Just because I can, and I should.

Not only did he graduate, but he did it with HONORS!

You're looking at a guy that graduated as a member of the National Technical Honors Society and had perfect attendance.

Can I just say that I am soooo proud of him! He looks good in his graduation attire. Especially those new boots that were his gift from yours truly and Alayna. I told Dan that our gift was to remind him of where he came from since we will no longer be living in our home state.
Yep, that's right. We have a job. But I'll tell you all about it in a different post. I will give you a hint. We are moving somewhere warmer than Laramie. I know all you Laramie-ites are thinking that it doesn't take much to get warmer than here, but when you have two job offers for places that are colder than here, you find out that maybe Laramie isn't the coldest place on earth. :)

Now, on to some more pictures.

Dan and his mom.



Dan and I.
And another picture of our graduate.After the graduation, that was UNDER an hour. Seriously. I am not kidding. Guess they know how to do it at WyoTech. Anyway, after the graduation, we went out to eat at Dan's favorite restaurant, Corona Village.
We had a fun time filled with good food and laughter...and faces like this. Don't ask me what he is doing. I don't ever know. All I know is he is good for a laugh.

The gang. (Minus a few. Sorry. This is the best picture I got.)

Oh, and maybe one of the most memorable moments we had at Corona Village was when Grandpa taught Alayna how to shoot the wrapper off her straw. It's a must. Every kid ought to know how.


8 comments:

Kathryn said...

YAY Dan, YAY Erica!! So glad he did so well, sad you are off but onto greener pastures (literally right!) I am excited to hear where you are off to!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations to both of you! What a great day. It sounds like Dan did so well in his program. And I'm excited to hear more about the new job and where you'll be moving to!

Sarah said...

Sweet! When it's not your life it seems like things go by soo fast - I swear Dan just started there a month ago. Weird. Anyway, you're killing me Erica! Bring on the news! I hope you're going to say you're moving to Boise...

Chris and Beth Will said...

Congrats to Dan!!
I heard wind of where you are moving today!! Soooooo exciting, we can see you when we go for a visit! It is a nice place to live I think.

Cindy said...

Congrats Dan!! So proud of you. Let me know your new address asap because I need to update the family list.
Alayna continues to get 'cuter' every day!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Congrats Danny! That went by way fast, but probably not for him or you. I haven't heard were your moving, so I'm excited to hear....don't leave us hangin;)

Casey and Tami Parry Family said...

So I have been out of blogging world for a while now, but looks like things are going well for you guys. congratulations to Dan and you for finishing up the school part of life. Your little Alayna is a doll! I liked her singing and dancing video you posted. :)

Denise said...

Congrats to Dan! He must really like school! :D

Just a few random things ...
* Don't you think you've left us hanging long enough?

* What's with the swoopin' bangs on Adam?

* Good thing it was Grandpa who taught Alayna about the straw wrapper. It'll save Dan from some marital stress when it gets old ~ like when she's a teenager!