So, I mentioned at the end of November that I was going to buckle down and potty train Alayna. Then with all the craziness in our lives I never said another word and I pretty much left you hangin'.
Now for the follow-up. I am happy to announce that Alayna is (and has been for quite some time) completely potty trained (during the day)! Yahoo! I am am one PROUD mama!
She still wears a pull-up at night, but most mornings it is completely dry and she wakes up from her naps dry as well. She really does so good. She tells me all the time when she has to go and we don't have to take the potty chair with us when we drive into town (since it is such a long drive) to run errands. Sure she will have an accident every now and again, but every kid does. That's part of life.
Initially when I was going to write this post (a couple of months ago) I was going to have it be a potty training 101 type of post so that I would remember exactly what I did for next time. But alas, time has gone on and I am feeling lazy. I actually did write down everything so I can look back on it next time because it's funny how I say, "I will remember what I did. How could I forget?"....and then time has gone on and I really did forget. :) Does that sound familiar? Anyone?
Didn't you know the perfect time to take care of those chapped lips is when you are sitting on the potty? Try as I might, I could not get her to put her chapstick away for these pics. I guess her lips were feeling quite chapped.
Now for the follow-up. I am happy to announce that Alayna is (and has been for quite some time) completely potty trained (during the day)! Yahoo! I am am one PROUD mama!
She still wears a pull-up at night, but most mornings it is completely dry and she wakes up from her naps dry as well. She really does so good. She tells me all the time when she has to go and we don't have to take the potty chair with us when we drive into town (since it is such a long drive) to run errands. Sure she will have an accident every now and again, but every kid does. That's part of life.
Initially when I was going to write this post (a couple of months ago) I was going to have it be a potty training 101 type of post so that I would remember exactly what I did for next time. But alas, time has gone on and I am feeling lazy. I actually did write down everything so I can look back on it next time because it's funny how I say, "I will remember what I did. How could I forget?"....and then time has gone on and I really did forget. :) Does that sound familiar? Anyone?
So here she is....the potty queen:
Didn't you know the perfect time to take care of those chapped lips is when you are sitting on the potty? Try as I might, I could not get her to put her chapstick away for these pics. I guess her lips were feeling quite chapped.
Oh, did I mention that we have a diaper free house!?! It is absolutely glorious!
3 comments:
Ahhh, nice! Congratulations! I love that picture too. The chapstick is hilarious. Avery is so ready to be potty trained, and I so don't want to pay for the diapers anymore, but I am so not ready to tackle that right now.
Good for Alayna! It's so nice to have them out of diapers.
Yahoo-That's a great achievement! Alayna is looking mighty official-chapstick and all:)
Post a Comment