Monday, February 14, 2011

Tidbits

Life is just plugging away and we are busy with the usual: work, play, cleaning, callings, etc.

Nothing too exciting, but for the most part, I like it that way.  Here's a little glimpse of what been goin' on around our house.


-We have officially started looking for a place to live in town.  We figure since it took us a month to find our current house, we better start looking sooner than later.  Rent or buy, we just don't know.  We'll see.  It all just depends on what we can find in town before our lease is up.

-I am convinced that house hunting is just not fun.  Even when you are looking to buy.  It really is not all that I thought it would be.

-Did I mention I am itching to be in town?  Well, I am.  I am wanting to be a little closer to the "swings", store, library....you name it.

-We've had a busy last few weeks.  And truth be told, I like it that way.  Some days, I just don't know how I am going get everything on my list done.  Most days yesterday's list rolls over to today.  Sound familiar?

-We're starting to make friends. Yea! Those of you that have moved know that it always takes time.  It just does.

-Alayna and I went on our very first mommy daughter date to the movies.  It was her first time ever to the movies and I was a bit nervous, but it was a huge success!  We went to Tangled.  Oh, how we loved it!

-I am forever grateful to my friend, Roberta, who suggested to have a lunch date at her house during naptime so Alayna could take a nap and we could have some adult conversation.  How did she know that was exactly what I needed after these last few weeks?

-Naptime has been a thing of the past this last week.  I am NOT ready for a child who doesn't nap anymore, but I am getting a hint of what life is like when the time comes.  I feel like Alayna is still to young to not have naps.  I don't know.  Heaven help me if she really is transitioning out of naps.

-On a brighter note.  Alayna has taken an EXTRA long nap today.  After all, it is heart day.  I couldn't have asked for a better present.

- We got cable a couple of weeks ago.  (Gasp!) And I have to say I am loving it way more than I thought I would.  And I am not loving it because I watch it all the time.....because I don't.  I am so used to not having it.   But I have to confess that I am loving it for Alayna though.    I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of shows for kids.  Especially on the Disney channel.  I feel like Alayna is learning positive things when she watches some of the shows there.  I don't know if we will always have cable, but for now it's good.

-I started a play group in our ward.  I wanted Alayna to have more opportunities to play with kids her age (since it's just me at home) so I took matters into my own hands and started a play group.  We start this Friday.  We'll see how it goes.

-I had my first experience of burning weeds.  All I have to say is.....there are HUGE tumbleweeds here. (One tumbleweed was close to the size of our small car.  Crazy!)  Now, our yard is just dirt.  Not dirt and weeds. :) 

And...Happy Heart day!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the post Erica! I love these kinds of entries.

Good luck with the house hunting. Are prices still good in Arizona? I know a couple of years ago you could get a lot of bang for your buck down there, at least in some areas. But yeah, it can get a little daunting.

KaLee said...

Man, you sound like superwoman based on this update! Just hang in there with Alayna and you'll figure out the new "normal." By the way figuring out the new "normal" is one of my most dreaded things about motherhood (and life in general, I guess).