Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tangled

After debating whether or not Alayna was actually "old enough" to go to the movies, I decided to take the plunge. I swore I wouldn't take my kids to the theater 'til they were at least three, but we just made some new friends and they invited us to go, and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to hang out with our new found friends, Kelly and Gwenna.

Plus we were going to a movie that I heard good things about from several people and it was at the cheap theater....if you can classify $4.50 as cheap.  But the $1.50 smoothie totally made up for that.  Seriously, they had the.best.concessions.ever!  And I am not one to even buy anything to eat at the theater. 

So anyway, despite all my fears of my child whining, crying, getting up and walking around, and just plain, not lasting it through the movie, we went.  And it was a huge success!  Alayna was immediately captivated by the movie.  As soon as the movie started she turned to me with big eyes and said, "A moomie (movie)!"  It was darling, to say the least.

She LOVED the singing!  This really was the perfect movie to keep her attention because we all know how much she loves musicals.  :)  I was worried that she would be so enthralled with the movie that she wouldn't tell me when she had to go to the bathroom, but turns out I was wrong.  Why did I ever doubt?  Part way through the movie, she turned to me and said, "Potty."  So we went to the potty.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention how funny it is to listen to little kids in the theater.  They have no sense of whispering or censoring what they choose to say out loud.  Everything Alayna would have said at home, she said at the theater.  "Horses!  Mommy horses!" At volume 20.  Or "Swimming.  More Swimming?"  To which I responded, "No, Alayna, I can't rewind the movie. They're done swimming for now."   The people sitting behinds got a kick out of her.  After she would say something, I could hear them chuckle.  Ah, kids.

The movie was darling.  I loved it.  Alayna loved it.  And our friends loved it.  You can't ask for more than that.  I guess the only thing that could have made our experience even better was if Kelly and I noticed the booster seats sitting outside of the theater.  Then maybe our kids' necks wouldn't have been so strained and they wouldn't have had to sit on our jackets.....  Oh well.  Live and learn. :)


Here we are after the movie.  I think it's safe to say, we had a good time.
And here's Gwenna and Kelly.
And the two cute girls together.  Despite our best efforts, they would not look at the camera at the same time.  
I think some more Mommy/daughter dates are in order!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I loved Tangled...we took the boys to it twice! Best movie ever and glad you got to do a mother/daughter date!

Sarah said...

How fun - you made me want to do the same thing with Avery. Alayna sounds like such a fun kid.

Carolyn said...

Good for you guys! Your mommy/daughter date sounds like so much fun. We saw Tangled over the Christmas break and we loved it, too. And I'm glad Alayna told you when she had to go to the bathroom--that's fantastic!

Very cute picture of you two. Such beautiful girls!

Cameron and Wendy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I have been dying to take Miley to Tangled, partly because I bought her a doll from the movie to be her "Big Sister" present from Landon, but it hasn't come to our cheap theater yet! I am glad she did so well for you...and the potty training thing?? Hellllooo! SOOO jealous. Send some of those vibes my way. ;)