Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rainbow Party

For Alayna's party, I wanted to keep it simple this year.  And I did.

A few family friends + cake and ice cream = one simple party.

It was perfect.  The kids came, played with all the new toys, ate cake and ice cream, and the adults got to eat and chat.  And all the fun was had in a little under 2 hours.  It doesn't get more perfect than that. 

Nowadays, Alayna is thrilled with a playdate, so I just decided to do the same thing here...just add cake and ice cream.  I think I will do parties this way for as long as I can get away with it.  :)

I read a darling blog where they did a birthday party based on their little guy's favorite color.  It was such a cute idea, so I decided to ask Alayna what her favorite color is.  I wasn't sure that she really knew what her favorite color was, but she gave me an answer, so I was set.  But then I wanted to double check, so I asked her again.  This time she told me a different color.  This process was repeated a few times throughout the day, and then it hit me. 

RAINBOWS!  She LOVES rainbows.  So a rainbow party it was.


Just a few rainbow decorations.  Dan's even in the background wearing the birthday hat that Alayna refused to wear.


A close-up of the homemade rainbow banner.
And a picture of the b-day girl being sung to.  She had to wear one of her pretty princess dress-ups.

And a pic of the rainbow cake made by yours truly.  Please do not judge.  I am most definitely not the cake boss, but my three year LOVED it!




Now, the coolest part.  The inside.
Isn't that cute?  Seriously.
And last, but not least.  The rainbow shirt.  Once, I saw the tutorial for it, I had to make it.  :)


1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Erica, I'm so impressed with your cake and the shirt! You are amazing. I'm glad she had a fun and successful party.