Monday, October 24, 2011

THREE!

Three.  Three?  My little girl is three?! 
That really can't be possible, but I know it is because at least once (most likely more times) a day Alayna will say,  "Mom.  I'm THREE!" (All while holding three fingers up.)

So, on the 13th our baby girl turned three.  We celebrated a day early (since Dan had to work on her actual b-day), which we all know does not matter at this age.  In fact, to her it's not a birthDAY, it's more like a birthWEEK or month. 

We had to start the day out right....with birthday doughnuts.  With sprinkles.

After breakfast, it was time for presents.  We told Alayna that her gift from us was hidden under a blanket and she would have to take it off to see what it was.
Here she goes.
A kitchen! We got the smile(s) and reaction we were hoping for.
She was SO excited!
In fact, she was jumping up and down she was so excited.  We'd say, "What did you get?" and she would say, "A kitchen!" all while jumping up and down the entire time.
It really made staying up 'til midnight the night before so worth it.
Here it is:
It even has a phone.  And the entire time she was checking out her present, we got reactions like this:
Priceless.
We had to let her play with her kitchen for awhile before she was even interested in opening any other gifts. 
Now, on to the other presents.




I'll spare you from having to look at all the present opening pictures.  Instead, I'll show you a couple of the gifts she got. 




I was terrible, and didn't take a picture of all the gifts, but rest assured, our three year old was SPOILED!

3 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Wow, Three...that went fast! Alayna is so cute...I'm glad see had a FANTASTIC Birthday!

Carolyn said...

Happy birthday to cute Alayna! I'm glad to see she had such a good day. Your kitchen looks very cute, and Alayna is beautiful! I love her long hair.

Chris and Beth Will said...

Happy birthday to Alayna! Hopefully her and Ashle can have several play dates when we come next week!