Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An attempt to keep her entertained

As any mother of children knows, sometimes it is, shall we say, a bit of a challenge keeping kids entertained during church. 

I have especially learned that when you are by yourself, and out of patience, it can be really hard to keep your cool with a certain attitude filled three year old. 

So, I took matters into my own hands and decided to finish a project that I started over a year ago. 

Yep.  A YEAR ago. 

And here is the finished product after countless hours of coloring, cutting, gluing and cutting again:

File folder games. For church.

For any of you not familiar with these, they are basically activities in a file folder.  Each file folder has pieces that are attached (velcroed) on to the folder to complete a game. 

This specific game is about the Armor of God.  They are supposed to dress each man in their appropriate clothes (aka: suit for the missionary and armor for the warrior).

The pieces are kept in a Ziploc bag stapled to the folder.

This one is a color matching game.  You have to match the child being reverent to the chair that's the same color as their outfit.

I made ten games in all and let me tell you it was a lot of work.  But SO worth it when my child was entertained during Sacrament meeting.  Now, thanks to some suggestions from friends and family, I have a few other purchases/projects up my sleeve in hopes to keep Miss Layna better entertained during church.

Beware: When bringing file folder games to church, every kid within a few rows will want to join in on the fun.  It might be a good idea to bring enough to share.  :)

0 comments: