This handsome guy had a birthday. He turned 32.
And according to him, it was a pretty fantastic day. It started off with his favorite breakfast: French toast, sausage, and grapefruit. Then, we went to the temple (Alayna got to play at Roberta's house). We picked up some lunch and headed home to open presents.
Here they are: the birthday boy and his present opening helper.
Here she is, hard at work.
She had to stop for a picture to show just how strong she is. "Look, Mom! I can hold it all by myself!" And she can....thanks to the fact that it is an aluminum dutch oven.
And here's the loot: A couple gift cards, money, a UW polo shirt, a blue-ray player, an aluminum dutch oven and an ipod docking station. Somebody was spoiled!
While Daddy relaxed and played/tinkered with his gifts, Layna and I got to work on his birthday cake.
You can see for yourself what her favorite part is.
Then later on, Alayna got to go play at her friends' house while Dan and I went out to dinner.
Layna and Daddy ready to go.
And one of the whole fam.After dinner we brought the cake over to our friends' house so all could enjoy. The kids loved helping Dan blow out the candles.
To end the day, after Layna was put to bed, Dan and I watched a "guy" movie.
Now, I don't think it gets much better than that. :)











0 comments:
Post a Comment