Monday, September 24, 2012

Preschool with mom

This girl just can't stand to not be in school any longer, so mom took pity on her and starting doing a preschool (of sorts) with her.

Since she has an October birthday she still has two years 'til Kindergarten.  She is just dying to be "like the big kids" and go to school.  But this momma doesn't really see a need for her to go to preschool two years in a row, especially since her momma taught Kindergarten.  

So, I feel like a kid in a candy store because I get to pull out all my Kindergarten things and have "school time" with my favorite three (almost four) year old.

I don't know who is having more fun.  Me or her.  Seriously.  I get to teach, and be at home.  Awesome!

Here's the little preschooler after her first day at preschool with mom.  Yes, that is the typical smile I get nowadays.  
(We talked about our names and how everyone's name starts with a capital letter.  Then we did some name dot art.  I think she pretty much was in heaven.)


5 comments:

Paul & Kaytie said...

Love this idea. Please do a blog post every time you do a lesson. I would love to do preschool at home for Dean but I wouldn't even now where to start.

Maggie said...

So cute! Lucky her (and you)!!! I agree with the above post, blogs on every lesson PLEASE!

Sarah said...

Also agree! Avery needs waaaay more stimulation than I'm giving her so we're going to be doing this, too. I'd love to steal all the ideas I can from you. Maybe you could do one full post dedicated to what kids are supposed to know before they get to kindergarten? Please?

Kelly and Kyla said...

Cute!! You will have to tell her that Jace did that too a few weeks ago at school with his name.:)

Sparks Fam said...

We may be stealing some preschool ideas! Nate is loving preschool as well. He asks everyday if it's a preschool day!