Tuesday, September 11, 2012

When a Saturday is a Saturday

Our family is quickly adjusting to "normal" life.  Or life where the husband works a M-F schedule.  I still have some kinks to work out, but we are loving Dan's new schedule! 

And one of my favorite parts is the fact that weekends are weekends.  You know, where Friday nights are something I look forward to (the hubby and I can watch a movie after the kids are in bed).  And Saturdays are spent getting much needed projects done.  Where the husband does manly things like changing oil and fixing battery cables in the car and I do some organizing, deep cleaning and decorating.  And then we do some fun things as a family, like go to parades together.  (I think this was the first parade Dan went to in over a year and a half.) 

Alayna was in heaven.  A parade AND her daddy.  What more can this girl ask for?

She even struck a pose for the camera.  Oh, how I love this girl.


The inseparable duo.  Alayna obliged me with another smile.  But Dan, well, not so much.



Suffice it to say, we are LOVING the fact that weekends are weekends around here.  I should add that the best part is going to church EVERY.SINGLE.SUNDAY with my love.  Ah, there's nothing better than that.

0 comments: