Guess who's golden birthday it was?
(And for those of you who aren't familiar with golden birthdays, a golden birthday is when you turn the age of the date of your birthday. So I turned 28 on the 28th of December).
My mom read about celebrating golden birthdays several years ago in a magazine (I think. Or maybe I just made that up.) and decided she wanted to do it for all the kids. I am the 4th of the 5 kids to have my golden birthday. (My mom didn't calculate very well because within the last year, 3 of the 5 of us have had our golden birthdays.)
And with a golden birthday comes presents wrapped in gold. There were a lot. 28 to be exact. 28 golden presents from my parents.
Alayna was in heaven unwrapping all those gifts.
A picture of the golden birthday girl wearing some of my gift from Alayna and Brylen. How did they know I wanted a Happy Birthday crown and a Happy Birthday necklace?
And the loot. This girl was spoiled!
Just for fun. A list of my 28 golden presents:
2 sets of-Clear drinking glasses
2-bread pans
dress socks
medicine container for my purse
sifter
nylons
cinnamon sugar shaker
mini smooth mints
chapstick
samoa cookies
redbox giftcard
Amazon gift cards
Black and silver necklace
planner
red nail polish
1 dollar golden coins
reese's mini cups
handsoap
The gift of the Magi
Henry Wenhard's rootbeer
apple kitchen towel
Tupperware
The Christmas Card dvd
Corn Nuts
Sweet Mint Gum
Vintage Pearl 'Brylen' Necklace
I had a great birthday! My parents and Sarah and Jordan came and visited. We ate out, went shopping and got frozen yogurt for my birthday dessert. What more can a girl ask for?



2 comments:
That is such a great idea!! I will have to remember that for my kids:) Happy Birthday!
That's awesome!
Post a Comment