Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Transition...

from stylish young married person to un-cool mom has officially occurred.

On Saturday I went to do some early Christmas shopping for myself.

(I can't very well go and see my family this week and feel good about my post baby self without doing some shopping, plus I needed a few new articles of clothing anyway.)

but, everywhere I went I was extremely UNSATSIFIED with the styles of clothing.

too klingy.

too ugly.

too furry.

too tight.

not flattering....etc....etc.

What happened to the cute, cool, non-maternity clothing that I used to get before I was pregnant?

They have all been replaced with long, klingy sweatery dress thingys. Sweater dresses? Not my thing. (Granted I have not tried one on to see if they are cuter on than they look.)

Luckily, after some determination and searching, I found some nice, cute, non-furry items.

Thank goodness!

I guess the mom in me is coming out and the cool, stylish person is no more.

And I am totally ok with that.

*FYI. I do not think all moms are not stylish or un-cool. Just me. :)

3 comments:

Sara M. said...

I am just glad that winter has started so sleeves are coming back in style! I suppose that is one reason to be thankful for snow...not that this helps you shopping in sunny country.

Cameron and Wendy said...

Oh shopping after baby is definitely not as fun! You probably are already looking adorable, but clothes still don't look quite the same on me! So all the clingy, tight, ugly things are definitely not appealing! Plus, isn't it more fun to spend money on the cute baby things anyway?? :)

Jill said...

I totally feel for you right now. after two years of being pregnant or nursing, I am finally getting my body back after having two kids so close together...I swear there is nothing cute any more! skinny jeans, leggingsand mini skirts, yeah right!