Last night, Dan and I had quite a funny conversation which went as follows:
Setting: Dan and I standing in the kitchen. Me, with a glass of water, Dan with a new trash bag in his hand.
Dan: Ummm. You smell good!
Me: Thanks! Why did you just notice? (I was wondering this since it was 7 o'clock in the evening. I figure if I smell good, wouldn't he have noticed it in the morning when I first sprayed myself with perfume, not ten hours later.)
Dan: I don't know. I just got a whif of the good smell.
Just then, I smelled a pleasant smell also.
Me: I don't think it is me. (Normally when you spray yourself with perfume, you don't smell it on yourself since you become accustomed to it.)
Dan: It has to be you. (As he leans in to sniff my shirt.) Yep. It's you I can smell it on you.
There it was again. I smelled the pleasant scent again.
Me: No. It is not me. I can smell it and I don't have any perfume that smells like that.
Dan: Oh. You know what is weird? I could smell this same smell when I took out the garbage today.
Ding. (Imagine a light bulb going off in my head.)
Me: I know what it is. It's the garbage bag you are holding. (We both proceed to lean over and smell the garbage bag.)
Dan: Yes! You're right! How did you know that?
Me: I remember smelling this same scent the other day when I put a new trash bag in the garbage can and I couldn't figure it out either.
(Remember: Dan was holding the trash bag throughout the entire conversation and when he leaned in to smell my shirt, in came the trash bag with him.)
Dan: I didn't even know they made trash bags that smelled.
Me: Neither did I.
Trash bags that have a pleasant smell.
What a novel idea.
Why did the world not come up with this idea sooner.
Maybe they have, but it has just branched out to the cheap, great-value, Wal-Mart brand
or maybe our noses just weren't paying close attention to the "odor neutralizing scent" as they call it on the box.
And now a thought has come to my mind.
Maybe I should write the trash bag company a letter.
It would go something like this:
Dear Trash Bag Company,
Thank you so much for making your trash bags have a "odor neutralizing scent."
It has most definitely pleased us to know that we no longer have to smell a dirty, smelly garbage smell from time to time, but rather your pleasant smelling scent instead.
But I was wondering if there is a specific name to this scent. I think my husband prefers it to any of my perfume or lotion scents.
If you could let me know that would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Your Faithful Customer
P.S. Thank you for keeping my husband and I entertained for at least a good five minutes.
Ok. So that was a long post about trash bags. If you made it through...congratulations.
Monday, February 16, 2009
You Smell Good
Posted by Erica at 8:36 AM
Labels: random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I always by the lilac scented garbage bags. For some ODD reason, it reminds me of the apartment we had in college. There were a ton of lilacs everywhere in Laramie.
You should tell them their trash bags sparked some romance in your relationship at a time when you thought all was lost. Make them think they saved your marriage. We've bought those kind before, but I think we ended up feeling like it just made the trash smell stinkier. Like trash + flowers. Rot with a sweet sent...no good. Glad to hear yours are better than that!
I had no idea that there were "odor neutralizing" trash bags. I might have to invest in some of those!
Post a Comment