Our little Layna is now 15 months old.
Only 3 more months until nursery! I really never understood what the big deal was about nursery until Alayna started walking.
Now, in church we can barely contain her in an aisle. She LOVES to walk. It doesn't matter where. In fact, most of the time it is in the opposite direction than where we want her to go.
Trust me when I say that she loves to roam. She doesn't care if she can see mom or dad. She doesn't care if she knows the people that she walks up to and says hi.
Maybe you will understand just how much this little girl loves walking, when I say that we went shopping the other weekend at some outlet malls and she had to walk with us to each store. There was no carrying her. She put some serious mileage on that day.
Maybe all the walking is why she has such an obsession with shoes. I don't know. But now it's not just her own shoes that she loves. Anyone's shoes will do. Even if they are several sizes too big. Over the last few weeks we have discovered a lot of things that Alayna loves:
- Twirling. Here's a video of her doing just that. She gets pretty dizzy.
- She loves the musical Annie. You will find her dancing right along with the characters.
- Climbing. Oh, how she loves climbing. It has resulted in several falls. She hasn't gotten too many bumps and bruises...yet.
- Holding baby Connor. Connor is Alayna's newest cousin. She loves to hold him and "beep" his nose. (push his nose and I say "beep"). She would hold him all day long if she could, but I don't think Connor would like that. Besides, he already weighs over half her weight and he is not even a month old. :)
- She loves her baths. Can you tell she loves splashing?
She also loves to make a good mess. Here she has some Desitin smeared on her face. What was really funny about this, was she was rubbing it into her skin like she was applying face lotion. She doesn't miss a thing.
Over the past few weeks Alayna has also started talking and signing a lot more. She is pretty good at communicating what she wants with her signs and a few words. She is even starting to develop some good manners. She can sign please and thank you. Although she signs please way more than thank you.
She has also learned the signs for shoe and car.
And she can say thank you, boo (when you pull her shirt over her head while getting her dressed), wow, yeah, and oh.
She has just learned to blow kisses and blow on her food whether it is hot or not.
She is 31 1/8 inches long and she weighs 20 lbs. 3 oz.
I'll just leave you with one last picture. Here she is after church. Couldn't quite get a smile...what's new.
3 comments:
She is such a doll! Sounds like she would get along great with Bianca. Bianca must always have a purse! Little girls are so much fun. Enjoy.
"You know, the essentials." Ha! It's fun to watch her grow. Thanks.
She's too cute. I love all the pictures. I'm glad she's so girlie...it's adorable the way she accessorizes!
Post a Comment