There is nothing like have 20 whole minutes of running time to think about random things.
Here's a few of my jumbled thoughts:
- I wouldn't consider myself a runner. While I do enjoy it now, I simply do it to burn calories and for the sense of accomplishment I feel when I am done. I am definitely not the fastest and I can't run the farthest.
- If you would have told me two years ago that I would be a person who looks forward to exercising daily, I would have said you were crazy.
- Listening to an I-pod while running really does make the time go by faster. (Dan just got an I-pod touch, and I have been borrowing it for my running sessions.)
- The altitude here is seriously kicking my bum.
- When I was little I wanted to be a "singer/dancer".
- Teaching Kindergarten was seriously my dream job. I loved it. It was perfect for me.
- If there was a way to be a full-time mom and a Kindergarten teacher, I would do it.
- I am stubborn. I always have been. When I put my mind to something, I will do everything I can to achieve it.
- Having said that, I once grew my hair "long" (past my shoulders) just because someone told me I couldn't do it. (I had short hair for several years prior to this.)
- I am technologically impaired at times. I really wish I wasn't.
- Alayna's new obsession with accessorizing has made me wonder if I need to accessorize more.
- We don't have cable (and haven't for about a year and a half) and I am ok with it.
- I am addicted to the TV show Smallville. Ok, maybe not addicted, but I am really into it. My little brother got us into it. We are borrowing the seasons from his friend and we can't get through them quick enough.
- I start babysitting my nephew tomorrow. I am excited and nervous about it. There will be two of them and one of me....
Well, I'll leave you with that. Although that was a mere fraction of my thoughts, I hoped it proved to be a little interesting.
4 comments:
It's true, running with an ipod does make the time fly by...I can't run with out music.
Love the jumbled thoughts. I am always surprised by my random train of thoughts when I run too!
Oh, and I thought the EXACT same thing when Bianca developed her obsession with shoes and purses...too funny
There's a TV where I run. The other day I was watching "Unbelievable Medical Conditions," and a lot of them had to do with children. It renewed my appreciation for Avery - not because she lacks an ubelievable medical condition, but because those kids are seriously little rays of sunshine, despite their conditions..just reminded me of how much fun Avery is.
Having that TV is fun because we don't have cable, either - but I'm actually really glad we don't. It's partially a money issue but mostly a "I don't want cable" issue (but I do appreciate being able to watch it while I run, cause yeah, it definitely makes the time go by faster).
I feel like I need to accessorize Avery more because I don't accessorize myself. It's kind of funny...I'm not usually very girly but I feel like I'm jipping her if I don't make her girly, so I feel like I'm failing her in the style department if I don't have something in her hair or a bracelet on her wrist. Silly.
(those were my responsive thoughts to your random running thoughts). Thanks for sharing!
I was just checking out your hair accessories you have made and got to thinking... have you thought to maybe have a crafty night and teach how to make these? I would love to know how to do them!!
Post a Comment