Warning: This post is filled with random thoughts/opinions of a silly Wyoming Gal. Who knows if anything interesting will come from it. Read at your own risk.
I loved all the suggestions you gave. They inspired me to do an entire post of my thoughts.
Plus I needed to respond to some of your comments. And why not just blog about it while waiting for my 16 month old to fall asleep so I can start working out.
So, here we go.
As previously mentioned, we don't have cable. For most of our married life we haven't.
Early on in our marriage, we had rabbit ears and they worked great. We got a few select channels and they got the job done.
Then there was one short snippet of time (9 months) that we did have cable. We were both working and wanted to reward ourselves for "moving up the world" and decided to get cable.
I really don't miss it much. Occasionally there is something that I want to watch, like...the Olympics! But life goes on.
Over time we have found with the Internet, you really can watch most things a day or two after they have aired. Hulu.com is favorite website of ours. And we found the library to be a great resource as well. Casper's library was like a Blockbuster. There were so many movies. It was awesome!
So, that was a little background for you. I don't know why I thought you needed to know our TV watching history, but it seemed to make sense at the time.
Anyway, here are some of the shows we have watched recently.
The Office. LOVE that show...minus a few questionable episodes, but we really do laugh out loud when watching it. In fact, I don't know many people that don't like it. We didn't start watching it when it first came out. We were late Office bloomers and tried to pick up after it had started and just didn't like it, but then someone suggested we watch it from the beginning and it made all the difference.
Monk. Oh, how we love Monk. So sad that it's finished, but it's still a great show.
The Biggest Loser. I am a fan of the Biggest Loser. There is a lot of drama since it is a reality show, but it is one of the few reality shows that is good. I love the positive message that it has. I even have gotten Dan to watch a few episodes and he seems to enjoy it.
24. We finished all the seasons of 24 and LOVED it! We were hooked after the first episode. I don't know how you couldn't be hooked. It sucks you in.
Smallville. Now we are watching Smallville. It doesn't suck you in as much as 24 , (which is good since Dan has a lot of homework and studying, so we don't get as much TV time), but we still really like it.
There you have it. Thanks again for all the suggestions. We will have to try some of them out.
P.S. To answer some questions...I don't know exactly what my Valentine's Day/Easter gift will be. I just know that the budget for each holiday needed to be combined in order to get some of the things on our wish list. I am thinking of getting Dan a new suit. Don't worry, he already knows. I am not ruining a surprise. It may need to be more of a V-day/Easter/Father's day gift. Although, Uncle Sam is helping us out a bit (with our tax return $). I don't know what Dan is thinking of giving me. It better be good though. :)
P.P.S. Sarah, you may get lucky and I might post a picture of me in my old glasses. But I am still thinking about it. Maybe I'll post a picture of me in my skinny jeans wearing my old glasses. Now, there would be an interesting pic. :)
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
I don't know why I am posting this but we'll give it a go anyway
Posted by Erica at 1:51 PM
Labels: random thoughts, tv
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hahahaha, please do!
I've heard a lot about 24. Maybe we should give it a shot.
And thanks for posting - no matter how boring it may seem to you (I think we all get self-conscience about what we write about sometimes), it is interesting to me, at least.
Post a Comment