Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekly Randomness

  • Tomorrow hopefully a little niece or nephew will make their appearance. I seriously can't wait any longer. I just want to hold a teeny little babe in my arms. There really is nothing like a newborn.
  • Thursday, I started reading The Hunger Games. By Saturday I was begging my sister for the next book and I am more than half way through. I am not a big science fiction/futuristic book lover, but these books really are quite good.
  • Valentine's Day was good. Our gifts to each other will be coming later. I think we may do one of those "combine the holiday gifts" things. For example, giving each other a Valentine's/Easter gift. That seems to be happening a lot lately, but it really does make more sense if the something you want is not on the cheaper end of things. Instead of two smaller gifts, why not get one bigger/more expensive gift?
  • Although, we have opted to wait to give each other gifts, there was a beautiful bouquet of pink tulips sitting on my table.
  • I think Alayna has enjoyed her V-day gifts as well, considering the toy from mom and dad has virtually not left her sight.
  • Adam babysat (by babysat, I mean, did homework while Alayna slept) today without falling asleep. Good job, Ad.
  • I'm just teasing. Adam really is a great babysitter. Why else do you think I keep asking him to babysit? Besides the fact I can pay him by feeding him.
  • We're on the seventh season of Smallville and we're hooked. What will we do when we finish? Any good suggestions?
  • I am forseeing some crafting in my near future. Maybe once my book is finished I will find enough motivation to finish some projects on my to-do list.
  • I lost my glasses, only to find them three days later in the exact place Dan and I each looked, not once, but twice. I think Alayna must have taken them and just put them back. :)
  • While my glasses were "missing" I got to wear my glasses from 10th grade. I was stylin' to say the least.



3 comments:

Sara M. said...

Nate and I just finished the 2nd Hunger Games, and we have the 3rd on reserve when it comes out!! We also just finished watching the Mentalist 1st season, so if you have not seen that show already we liked it. It's nice to know someone else does boring things like watch entire seasons at once:)

Sarah said...

I have a few embarrassing TV admissions. First, we got into Lost about 2 years ago. It's actually become a pretty annoying show but it's the last season and I'm committed. Recently I've become hooked on The Biggest Loser. It's got a lot of unecessary drama but it's still neat to watch. If you're okay with a bit of inappropriateness, Modern Family continuously makes me laugh out loud when I'm alone. I also like Community and The Office. I do all my TV watching via Hulu. A couple of other ones that are interesting are V and Flashforward (also on Hulu), but they don't start again for a couple of months I think. This is part of the reason we don't have cable - clearly, we already waste plenty of our time on TV.

I want to know what you're thinking of getting for your big gift? And I want to see a picture of you in your old glasses :)

Chels said...

Love love love the hunger games! I can't wait for the third book to come out! I agree with the Saras. We're into the Mentalist as well, along with Modern Family, 30 Rock and the Office. And you might as well start Lost, because the end is in sight, which hopefully will make it all worth watching.