Saturday, December 18, 2010

The waiting is over

I have been waiting to do this project for a year at least.

While living in Casper I had decided that I wanted some old windows to make some crafts with. So, one day I got on craigslist to see what I could find. I really had no idea how to go about finding them, but within minutes I was calling a lady that said she had some for free and that I could pick them up anytime.

Well, it really was my lucky day. My dad happened to be in town with his truck. And since he loves me, he offered to help me pick them up and then store them out in the barn on his ranch.

Fast forward a year to right before we were moving. Well I guess my dad's generosity ran out because he told me that I could either take my windows with me to Arizona or they were going to the dump. :)

After pleading (and I mean pleading) my case with Dan, they were finally loaded in truck among our other belongings.

Then it was once I got all my Christmas decorations out, that I realized I needed pull out my window project. I was setting up the nativity that my Grammy gave me when I realized the camel wouldn't fit with the rest of the nativity. With our old entertainment center biting the dust, there was nowhere big enough for my nativity to fit. And as you will see in a minute, it would be a crime to not display the beautiful nativity that my Grammy gave me.

So I told Dan, "It's time to make the window table." He was a little hesitant considering I already had three projects that I was working on out in the garage. In fact. I think he said, "You know, most people work on one project at a time." But I told him it was a must. It was for the sake of the nativity. Plus, I needed something to keep me occupied while he worked the night shift.

So after the fiasco of my table legs first being out of stock at our local Home Depot, then getting delivered to New York City, then delivered to a kind lady (that I talked to on the phone) in Washington state, and finally two weeks later made it to my front porch, I was finally able to end up with this:



Pretty cute, huh. I absolutely LOVE it! There were moments where I was a little worried that it wouldn't turn out as cute as I imagined, but it is perfect. Exactly what I wanted.

And best of all. The camel is reunited with the rest of the nativity. Phew. I can rest at ease now that's it's a week before Christmas....




5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love it! You are such a talented gal. It turned out perfect. I can't wait to see your other projects.

Kelly and Kyla said...

Awesome!! Dan TRULY is the man (you are too, woman that is) :)

Sarah said...

That is SWEET!

ShelbyBehr said...

Very beautiful!! You obviously have a calm child because that set up would never fly at my house. :) Can you come to my house and make crafty stuff?????? I'm SO not crafty.

Jill said...

Wow Erica, that turned our darling!! I love the window idea!

are those actual table legs, or are they stair-banister-post things? not sure what the actual name is for them :)