With Dan's work schedule being so completely different than ever before, I find myself getting my days of the week mixed up. In fact, most of the time I don't even have any idea what day it is. I actually have to stop and think about it.
I never realized how a person's schedule could entirely alter how I view the days of the week. Before moving here, I could honestly say that Friday was my favorite day of the week. It meant the end of me being "on my own without Dan" and the start of two full days together. Now, since Dan technically doesn't have "weekends" I find that I seem to value other days of of the week. It changes from week to week since he doesn't always have the same days off. Of course the entire week that he has off is my absolute favorite, but the other weeks, it just depends.
I keep reminding myself just because Dan has the day off, doesn't mean that everyone else does. In my mind I think of his days off like Saturdays. And on the flip side, I expect everything to be open on Saturdays, because sometimes Dan isn't home so it is just another day of the week to us. It's really quite weird.
So then I got to thinking. Does everyone have a favorite day of the week?
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
What day is it anyway?
Posted by Erica at 1:20 PM
Labels: Dan, random thoughts, Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I tend to like Fridays the best because I know I get the next two days with Kip around A LOT more than during the week (which is almost exactly like what you said in this post!). It would be weird to have your whole schedule thrown off...good luck with that!
I like Saturdays best. Mainly because I work hard during the week so that I don't have to do any housework that day and can enjoy time with Ronnie and the kids.
Post a Comment