Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The 4th

Our 4th was filled with fun.  I LOVE the 4th of July!

 But this year Dan had to work.  And it may sound a little strange, but I was worried that since Dan had to work,  there would be a lack of fun.  I will admit, when I am by myself I tend to not want to brave as many things.  Not because Alayna is too hard to handle, but simply because for instance, it's easier/more fun to go to a parade with your spouse than by yourself.  But despite my worries, the day turned out to be SO fantastic.

This little firecracker and I:

*went to a pancake breakfast at some friends' house
*watched the parade (I know. You should be proud of me for bucking up and going by myself.)
*played with new friends.
*had a bbq for lunch with more friends.
*swam in the pool at the lunch bbq.
*went to another bbq for dinner at our other friend's house
*watched fireworks. (Whew!)

And, might I add.  We had two small miracles: 1. Alayna slept in 'til 7:50am.  In fact, I had to wake her up to go to the breakfast.  And she fell asleep on the couch the night before at 6:20pm.
2. She fell asleep in my arms while watching fireworks.  Truly, a miracle.




Here she is ready for the parade, which much to our my dismay was very mediocre.  Alayna walked away (and by walked away, I mean ate on the spot) with one, yes one, tootsie roll.  Mainly the lack of candy was due to the kids next to us who hoarded all two handfuls that were thrown.  Don't they know there is such thing as parade etiquette?  Well, in my book there should be.  Anyway, Alayna didn't care.  But I was a little miffed about it.   



The best part of the entire parade was this little ditty:

stinkin' cute, huh?


All in all, it was fabulous.  Now, if Dan were home, it really would have been perfect.  

2 comments:

Kelly and Kyla said...

Well, I can send some of our parade candy your way. The Dad next to us had 4 kids each with a bag full, by the end of the parade he was handing candy to Jace and Ashlyn. She looks so cute in her red, white, and blue.

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you had a good Fourth even though Dan wasn't able to celebrate with you! Alayna looks darling.