Friday, July 22, 2011

Sad day

It's a small miracle that in this house at this very moment a certain two and a half year old is actually taking a NAP.

Yes, it's true.  My child has officially stopped taking naps everyday.  It happened a little over a month ago and I kept hoping (and praying) that she was not to this stage of life yet.  I am a mother that thrives on nap time.  I mean I can't live with out naps...and be sane.  So, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but that alone time is essential.  Moms, am I right?

Needless to say, it was a sad day, the day that regular naps were gone.  But in it's place came quiet time.  Oh, quiet time how I love thee!....Albeit not quite as much as nap time, but still, thank goodness for quiet time.  (And can I just say that the earlier bedtime that has been acquired from no nap is also a nice perk.)

So, for today I am going to relish the nap that my daughter is taking and soak in the alone time while I can.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, quiet time will be your best friend. I think I had quiet time at my house till all the kids left home!
From 1 to 3 each afternoon there were no friends, no running inside and out, no snacks. What was allowed? Quiet play in child's room, looking at or reading books, game playing if done quietly, a movie.
Mom had her own quiet time too. It is essential for one's sanity!

Sarah said...

Oh, man. That's sad. I hope quiet time works well.