Monday, January 23, 2012

29 Weeks

Only 11 more weeks to go!  Yikes.  It sounds a little scary when I put it that way.  (Maybe I'll just stick to saying 29 weeks.)

Here I am.  

As you can tell, baby is growing.  Although, I am somewhat proud to say that I actually measured a little (ok, a tiny) bit smaller than the 28 that I was supposed to, (I don't think that I have ever measured small) but nothing to be concerned about.

Baby girl continues to be doing great.  If I remember correctly, I think her heart rate was 138 at the last appointment (which seems to be typical for her).  She has quite a bit slower heart rate compared to Alayna and her temperament also seems to be more mellow (minus the fact that every doctor that has listened to her comments on how much of a mover she is, but let's disregard that for now).  Let's take her calm temperament as a sign that maybe she will be an easier baby than Alayna.  (Fingers crossed.)  As most of my family recalls, Alayna was NOT the easiest baby.  In fact, she was quite hard.  So, here's to hoping that this baby's calm temperament continues on.  (Although, I am comforted in the fact that I survived a HARD baby once.  I can do it again.)

I still feel really good.  In fact, when people ask me how I am doing, I kind of feel silly because I don't have much to report.  I always just say I am feelin' good.  I have the typical aches and pains here and there, but nothing to really complain about.  I am starting to notice I am a bit more uncomfortable at times, but who wouldn't with a belly my size. :) 

Layna felt the baby kick for the first time tonight and to be honest, I think it freaked her out a little.  But once we explained to her that was how the baby was saying hi to her, she was pretty excited.   We talked about how the baby is going to live with us at our house and we asked her if she was excited about that.  She enthusiastically said, "Yes!"  (Guess we'll see how she really does when the time comes.)

As for names, we are getting somewhat closer.  And by that I mean we have 3 possibilities, but we still are looking.  Rest assured, we are working as hard as we can to make sure this little girl's name isn't "baby" or "Grantalina" as my Dad calls her (considering his name is Grant after all).

Layna didn't want to be left out of the picture taking, so here we are.

Be on the lookout for upcoming crafting posts.  I am getting in the crafting mood. 
Craft #1.  Baby quilt.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Lookin' good, sister. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Carolyn said...

You look so cute, Erica! I'm excited that you only have 11 weeks to go. And I'm looking forward to seeing your crafts!