Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's a miracle, the quilt is done Before she arrived!

We're finally up and running.  We have a COMPUTER!  And might I add, a pretty sweet computer at that.  We decided to get a Mac this time and even though it's only been four days, and I am pretty sure my computer is smarter and fancier than me, I think I'm in love.  Sigh.  

Anyway, now on to posting all the happenings of the last month.  Starting with the baby's QUILT!   Can you believe it?  It's done before she arrived! I almost can't believe it.  What with Primary taking most of my free time, I was beginning to think that this beauty would never be finished.  But an awesome husband who took on caring for a certain 3 year old for an entire day, ensured that this project saw completion.  Bless his heart.  I LOVE that man!

So without further ado, here it is.  The ruffle quilt.  Every girl's dream.  In fact, Alayna has already requested one for herself.  And I just might indulge her (in the next year or two) because who can resist making ruffles?




And the back. (You have to look close or click to enlarge, but the back is actually a darling striped fabric.)  I learned a few things along the way.  One of those things being, that I am a complete amateur at quilts.  There are mistakes here and there, but hey, that's what makes a handmade item so special.  Right?
And I cannot finish this post without giving credit to my amazing sister, who made up this pattern, and answered many a phone call filled with questions.  Bless her for her patience.  She is a saint.

4 comments:

Kelly and Kyla said...

That is SOO cute. You did a great job!!

Sarah said...

Holy crap, I love it!

Alayna said...

Love it!! I think I want to make one too...ADORABLE!

The Gilmore's said...

Hi, my name is Cami and I linked to your blog through Karissa Markum! I love this quilt, and am having a girl in June and would love to make one similar....is there any way you would be willing to share how you did it or at least measurements of the strips sewn together and ruffles? Let me know thank you!