Monday, March 19, 2012

Miss Alayna

Oh, Miss Layna.  You are growing up and getting so big.  (And I am sure in a few weeks she will seem even bigger when there is a newborn to compare her to.)  

Here's a run down of what Miss Layna has been up to the last little while.

She is actually going through a phase where she likes to get her picture taken.  Gasp.  

Here she is on Valentine's day.  "Mom.  Take my picture!"  And then she proceeded to twirl for the camera.








In honor of heart day, Layna and I made heart shaped scones for dinner.  It was a hit.
About a month ago we went to Phoenix for one last big trip before the baby.  We got to stay in a "big house" (aka: a motel) and go swimming in the pool.  Alayna was pretty much in heaven.  After swimming, she spent a little time relaxing on her very own big bed.
For family home evening one night, we put together the baby's swing and bassinet and ever since then I normally find a doll or stuffed animal testing them out.  :)  (I may be sick of the music the swing plays before the baby even gets here.)


On this particular day Alayna came up to me and said, "Look Mom, I have a baby in my tummy!"  And she really did.  Although, sometimes her baby didn't want to stay in.  :)


And recently she will be playing, and stop and say, "Did you see that?!? (While pointing to her belly) The baby is kicking."  When I say, "You don't have a baby in your tummy, only Mommy does."  She replies with, "Noooo, it's just pretend."  And then somewhat rolls her eyes.  (Hmmm.  Wonder where she gets that from. :)
And here are a few recent pics just for good measure.  What a sassy, funny, energetic, dramatic, lovable three year old I have.  



0 comments: