Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2 months

My baby is 2 months.  (Can you believe it?)


Let me tell you a little bit about Miss Brylen.  


First, she seriously is SO stinkin' cute!  


She started smiling just a day before she turned six weeks and she just keeps those smiles coming.  She is the smiliest right after she has woken up from a nap and she will just kick like crazy and give you her excited little squeal when you come and talk to her.


Here she is right after waking up from a nap in her swing.....which by the way, is where she has been taking most of her naps lately.  
Speaking of sleep, here's a few little facts about Brylen and sleep.  She has to be swaddled--both during the day and at night.  She just can't stand her arms flying around.   She takes her naps best in the swing (with the exception of the last couple of days), and sleeps in her bassinet at night.   

My children are not the best sleepers.  Alayna was HORIBBLE in the beginning, but once she was sleep trained, she became better.  Brylen has definitely been better than her sister, but she still is figuring it out.  Some days she naps wonderfully, and other days she doesn't.  But overall I would say she has more good than bad days.  I think she is getting the hang of it.

Although sleeping during the day can be a challenge at times, Brylen does great at night.  Over the past couple of weeks, she has started going to bed earlier (between 6pm and 8:30pm) and she just gets up once a night.  She can be an earlier riser, but so is Alayna.  I have found that sleep is better for the both of us if we put her in the other room.  

Nothing cuter than a napping baby with a squished face.
Sometime she likes to burrow down in the Swaddleme.

And I have to mention that little mohawk.  It does that on it's own.  It just. doesn't. want. to. stay. down.  Good thing babies look cute with mohawks.  My favorite is when it has a little curl in it.  Brylen's hair is curly when it's wet, just like Alayna's.
Speaking of wet hair....Brylen loves her baths.  Sometimes I want to leave her in there forever just because she is so content.
She likes her baths so much, she may even like swimming.  We almost attempted it this day, but she fell asleep before we got the chance.  She looked darling in her little swimsuit though.
 Brylen is pretty easy going about everything, but sleep.  If she is crying, most of the time it is because she is tired.  In fact, she doesn't ever really cry about being hungry.  I just keep my eye on the clock and if it has been between 3-4 1/2 hrs since she last ate, then I know she is ready to eat again.  

This little baby is still quite little.  At her 6 week check up she was 8 lbs. 11 oz. (Exactly one pound bigger than when she was born.)  I am curious to see how much she weighs at her appointment in a couple of days.  I definitely can tell she has grown, but I think she is a little more petite than Alayna was at 2 months.  
 (P.S. Thank you Denise for the DARLING outfit!)
And I couldn't resist a few (ok, several) more photos of my beautiful baby!


"Seriously, mom."  (This won't be the last time she gives me this look.)
There's that smile.


Pretty girl.


Telling me a story....which she is good at.  :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

She is so very adorable! I absolutely love her smile. You & Dan make the cutest girls. Can't wait to meet her someday. And you're welcome. She makes this dress look even cuter. :)

Kelly said...

Adorable pictures and I love her smile! Can't wait to keep updated...new follower! :)