I must respond to the wonderful comments on my last post and add some other thoughts as well.
- First, thank you for the info and willingness to help! We really are excited for this chance to relocate, make new friends and start another chapter in our lives.
- Dan also wanted me to clarify something. He says Rock Springs is actually the runner up to the true "Armpit of America". (Which is a different town in Wyoming.) Any of you Wyoming natives want to take a guess as to which town he is referring to....?
- But in all seriousness, Sarah, you are right. If you are from Wyoming....there is no place in Wyoming that is not pretty. You almost have to live there to get it. Wyoming is like no other place. The people truly are what make it such a great place....not the weather. :)
- Dan's job is not with the same company. He did enjoy working for them, but we knew we were here for him to gain experience. Now he is moving on to a job that has more prospects of advancement as well as opportunities to gain knowledge in different areas than at a mine that specifies only in huge haul trucks. It is a great move career-wise. And since he will not be working for a large mine, shift work will be a thing of the past. Glory, hallelujah!
- Kathryn, I have to say you are SO right. You CAN be happy anywhere. We have moved enough to know that. It most definitely doesn't have to be the prettiest place. It's all about your attitude. Call me crazy, I actually do enjoy moving.....as in the part where you get to kind of start over and begin a new chapter in life. I like the challenge and sense of adventure that comes along with moving.
- As far as some of the details of our moving process, we're not sure yet. I will most definitely be blogging about when our house is sold and when we find our new abode. (We are open to either Green River or Rock Springs.) As for now, I will keep cleaning (you never know when someone will want a tour) and packing....
- Oh, and Manda, I am glad you mentioned the fact that Rock Springs has a Cafe Rio. Once Dan saw that, it was pretty much a done deal. I mean, how could we say no to Cafe Rio?
3 comments:
I adore your attitude! You will do awesome wherever you land! I know what you mean by starting fresh and the adventure of that as a family. All the best for the next little bit and I so hope your house sells quickly and you find a lovely place to settle in Rock Springs or Green River.
In my opinion the true armpit of Wyoming is most definitely Rawlins. The people are great, but the wind never stops and it is kind of in the middle of absolutely nowhere.
Good luck with all the "moving" things in Safford.
Rawlins is #1 by far!!!
Post a Comment