Tuesday, September 9, 2008

36 Weeks

I think it is time for another pregnancy post.

As my pregnancy is drawing to a close, (ok, so I still have 4 weeks, but still, it's getting closer.) I was thinking about all the changes that I have experienced and I decided to document just a few.

My hands are not the size they once were. As you can see, my wedding ring no longer fits on my finger. It is now replaced with a CTR ring that thank goodness I bought a little too big.


My feet have definitely seen smaller days. Their size seems to fluctuate depending on the amount of time spent sitting and standing. For quite sometime I have been wearing the same reef flip flops EVERYDAY, with the exception of the three hours for church (I try to squeeze my feet into something a little fancier). If you look closely, you can see a slight tan line from these flip flops, as well as a line where the straps are getting tighter and leave marks.

Granted, these beauties are not as extreme as my sister's impressive "Flintstone feet", but I still have a few weeks to go.
And, of course, the belly that goes along with every pregnancy.

I think this picture pretty much is self explanatory. I am feeling and looking like I am about ready to pop. And apparently other people think so because a few days ago while I was at Wal-Mart the following conversation occurred after I passed a child and her mom:

Child: Mom, did you see that lady? It looks like she has a really big basketball under her shirt.
Mom: Shhh...I know.

The whole time I was thinking: No, it's more like TWO really big basketballs.

Then, yet a few days later, my kind husband says to me, "Erica, you are getting REALLY big. But I am the only one who can say that."

Thanks, Dan! I agree, I am getting really big. :)


Overall, I have had a wonderful, easy pregnancy (minus those terrible first three months. I don't even want to think about that.) and I have really enjoyed this experience.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Erica you have popped! I love belly pics! The count down is so on for this little lady to make her appearance.

Jason and Amanda said...

It looks like you are ready for that baby! You are getting so close. For me the last month was very miserable but luckily Logan came over a week early. So good luck and I am getting excited to see the little one as I am sure you are too.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

About once a week Natalie asks me if you have had your baby yet:) So, when you do have her, Dan better know how to post on a blog really fast so we will have all the info:) Not to upset you but...my feet went from a size 7 to a 8, and never went down, and I had to get my wedding ring sized after each kid. Hopefully, you won't have that problem!!!!

Sarah said...

Wow, you are getting so close - but it seems like you've been pregnant for a looong time. I remember when you told Ashley and me, when you got so sick. How far along were you then?

Jill said...

you look fabulous Erica! Keep in mind that you do live somewhere VERY hot, so I would be more surprised if your ankles and fingers WEREN'T swollen. I don't know how you stand the heat being so pregnant, I bet you are going to be so excited to get this little gal here!

Carolyn said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! Only four more weeks...that is very exciting indeed! My wedding ring didn't fit towards the end of my pregnancy, either.