Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Final Outing

Labor Day weekend was the final chance for Dan and I to escape and travel. The time is nearing that this little one will be here and after today, I am not supposed to venture too far.

So, Dan and I took the opportunity to go to Zions National Park. Dan has especially been wanting to go ever since we have moved here. It was the perfect day trip. Zions is actually only about a 40 minute drive from St. George so we didn't have to dedicate much of the trip to driving. There are some amazing views and it was interesting to ride the tour bus and learn about all the rock formations. We really enjoyed ourselves and would love to go back.

Here are a few pictures of the amazing scenery.



On the way back, when Dan thought the day couldn't get much better, we stumbled across this sight-every man's dream. (Too bad they're domestic. It kindof takes the fun out of it.)
Now I am pretty sure Zions wasn't the highlight of the trip for Dan anymore.

5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

We have always wanted to go to Zions. It looks so beautiful. Maybe next year, and we can come see you guys:)

katie said...

if i had known you were going to zions i would have told you to hike angels landing.....i'm pretty sure it would be quite uncomfortable though with an eight month pregnant belly :)

Chels said...

I can't believe you only have a month left. That's pretty exciting! Time goes by way too fast.

Carolyn said...

Looks like it was a fun trip! And what pretty scenery. I've never seen it myself...I'll have to add it to our list of places to visit. :)

Craig and Karissa said...

Hey! How are you doing? Are you ready for the baby to come? I am very excitd for you guys! So I really miss hanging out with you guys!