Alayna turned 2 months old on Saturday!
Crazy! I know.
When we went to the doctor we found out she weighs 10lbs 12oz. (Not as big as we thought she would be since she gained weight so rapidly in the beginning, but she is average for her age.)
And she is 22 3/4 inches. (75th percentile)
Then we had the dreaded shots (2 in each leg). I seriously was dreading them, but as it turned out, it wasn't too bad. She cried for a minute when she got them, but as soon as I picked her up, she stopped. I thought she would be whiny for the rest of the day, but she was a good girl.
I also thought she would sleep a lot, (The nurse said she would.) but she didn't sleep anymore than usual, and maybe even a little less.
Here are the stylin' band aids: Dan and I have definitely been able to see a lot more personality in Alayna now. She is quite a character. She is very happy most of the time, until she wants something....
Then she will LET YOU KNOW! Then as soon as the need is met, she's good to go again.
Her mobile is her new found friend. She enjoys watching it for at least 15 minutes at a time. Most of the time she is cooing and kicking wildly when watching it. In this picture, she is staring intently at it. I know this picture is fuzzy, but it is the only one I could find of her sucking on her fist. This is also something she enjoys.
Slobber galore!
Now imagine her fist up by her eye, rubbing it. This is a new development this week. Now when she is tired, I can pretty much tell by all of the eye rubbing.Sleeping.
Ah, sleep. What a beautiful thing, when she does it.
AND she does! Most of the time.
If you read this post, then you know, sleep has not been the easiest thing for Alayna, but I am happy to report that she is doing SO much better. She's like a new baby. I have read a few books that were recommended to me, done a lot of experimentation and praying, and now we have found something that works for Alayna. (Knock on wood. I really hope I am not jinxing myself.)
Here she is, sound asleep in the swaddleme.
A Sleeping baby, what a good feeling!Smiles! (and the tongue) I can barely get a picture these days without the tongue.
Alayna is getting to be SO fun with all of her smiling and cooing. We carry on very intense conversations all the time. She gets so passionate about what she is saying and makes some very interesting faces with all of her eyebrow movements.
This picture only shows half a smile, but she really has THE CUTEST gigantic, cheesy smile! (It comes with two small dimples.)
BUT, she won't do it for me when I have the camera. It's too distracting. I have tried SEVERAL times, but to no avail. I have even taken it in with me when she has woken up from a nap since this is when she tends to give me lots of cheesy smiles, but she stops immediately when she sees the small, silver, shiny thing. (dang.)
So, now I am on a mission to document the cheesy smile. Wish me luck.
(By the way, this BEAUTIFUL blanket was made with love by Great Grandma Nickell. Thanks Grandma!)
Here is one more picture just for fun. Isn't she the cutest baby?! I know I am a little biased, but you have to admit, she is dang cute!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
2 Months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ashlyn loves to look at the pictures of Alayna. She always asks "is there more?"
Alayna is a beautiful baby! She has such bright eyes, it looks like she's watching everything! Not much is going to get past her. What a cutie.
Post a Comment