Thursday, December 4, 2008

My New Best Friend

This is my new best friend. The tiny love clip n' go mobile.

Why this, you ask.
Because today it kept Alayna entertained for 45 minutes!
Granted, I was holding the darn thing THE ENTIRE TIME. (I'm an idiot. I know.)
The beauty of this mobile is that it will clip to different things such as the crib or a car seat. I should have benefited from this wonderful feature, but I wanted to see if Alayna would even like it (I had pulled it out once before, but she was too young and wasn't interested.) so I tested it out and after immediately receiving a gigantic smile and kicking galore, I just couldn't take it away from her. Not even for a second. I couldn't get enough of her excitement.
So, not having realized the captivating powers of this mobile, I sat and held.
And switched arms.
Held.
Switched arms again...you get the idea.
Anyway, I did this for 45 minutes.
All the blood rushing out of my arms was worth it though, just to see shear pleasure on her face.
I even tried the mobile out for myself to see if it was really as mesmerizing as it seemed.
All I saw were three brightly colored bugs moving in circles to music.
Apparently that is more fascinating than my face.
Who can blame her?
So, do what the mobile says....clip and go.
Lesson learned.
(Maybe I will be able to accomplish more around the house. Yeah right.)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

We have that same one! Brinley absolutely loved it in the car, it is a lifesaver! Now her younger cousin uses it and likes it too!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

What a cute gadget:) I have never seen one before. Toys sure have changed since my kids were babies. Oh, I love the blessing pictures on Karissa's blog:)

Kelly and Kyla said...

Ya gotta love the toys that entertain well !!

Cindy said...

I vote you just hold Alayna while she is watching the mobile--every thing will wait!