The Easter Bunny certainly came to our house this year! He left many many fun things for Alayna.
And being the good mother that I am, I wanted to document all that was brought. But Alayna had a different plan in mind...
I neatly arranged all of the gifts and the Easter bucket and was ready to take the picture. I even put Easter eggs in the bucket for an added little touch.
What was I thinking? Brightly colored eggs plus metal bucket with a handle that makes a clanking noise every time it is moved equals complete and utter entertainment for a six month old. I could not get her to leave the eggs in the bucket, let alone give me one smile. Didn't she know I just wanted to document her first Easter ever? Apparently not.
What follows is the sequence of events that took place.
"Let me get a closer look at these eggs." "Awww. Why did Mom have to take all the eggs out? No matter. I'll just keep playing with this bucket and not pay any attention to her even though she is doing EVERYTHING possible to get me to look at her." (Notice, I did get a somewhat decent picture of the gifts. Just not a picture of a smiling baby with her gifts.)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute! What is that giant bib-looking thing with the big polka-dots on it?
I love your family picture! It is so cute.
That is a bib. It is just a bigger one for feeding, not just to catch slobber. The bigger the better...and the less likely she is to get anything on her clothes. :)
Post a Comment