Here are somes things I learned after getting our family pictures taken:
You simply can't control the weather (I know. Go figure, right.)
Even though April is spring/summer in St. George, that doesn't mean it is in other places so think twice before you buy short sleeve shirts (especially for your baby).
When praying that your six month old will be good and smile for family pictures, you need to actually specify how MANY smiles you want.
A smiley six month old who is accustomed to warm weather, will NOT smile when taken outside for an extended amount of time in cold, windy weather. (Ok. She did give us a FEW smiles.)
When planning a trip, it is almost impossible to get away at the time set. (Right, Mom...and Dad.)
Driving through Provo at 5 in the evening can take a LONG time...there is such thing as heavy traffic (At least, as far as I am concerned. I am from a small town, you know).
It is possible to console an unhappy baby who wants to get out of the car and put on your make up at the same time.
It is also possible to get dressed in the back seat of the car, while driving down a busy street, and not be seen...at least I hope so.
My 6' 2" husband can also change his clothes in the car. Yes. He is talented. I know.
Did you know that movie theater bathrooms do not have outlets? Well, they don't. So forget the whole blow drying Alayna's wet, curly hair. (Lucky for me, the wind solved the wet problem.) In fact, after being disappointed about the outlet scenario, I got to thinking, what public bathrooms do have outlets?
Being out in the cold (without a jacket), for the first time in almost a year, can make you sick.
Despite all the bumps in the road, we still had a fantastic time getting our pictures taken. (Thanks again, Bethany!)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Family Pictures Lessons Learned
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You'd never know by your pictures that it was such an ordeal - they turned out awesome! I especially liked the close up of Alayna and the black and white one with you and her.
I agree, they turned out great and you would never know. I must warn you, as a mother of four, that pictures will ALWAYS be an ordeal. It usually takes me about a month or so before I look at the final result and forget the chaos and stress involved! :) It's always worth it in the end though.
erica, LOL! i love this! it's so true, family pictures are always just so crazy and unexpected! thanks for the fun times and for being so easy going! i hope alayna forgave us afterward! ;)
Post a Comment