Alayna is another month older and once again, she has learned so much.
I feel like these posts are just getting longer and longer.
But I will try to condense and make it as painless as possible.
I officially have a Daddy's Girl on my hands. And I am totally ok with that. After spending all day with me, I don't blame her one bit for hanging out with Daddy as much as she can. Dan, on the other hand, has moments where he just wants to be left alone, but 99% of the time LOVES the Alayna attention.
Alayna is getting better at communicating. She consistently signs more, eat, drink and all done.
She also is mastering nodding and shaking her head which is really nice, except for when the answer to everything is no.
The word that she says ALL the time is still "hi". She loves to tell complete strangers in the store "hi". And her new favorite thing is to walk down the aisle in Sunday school, pat the people sitting closest on the leg and say hi. That sure keeps everyone distracted. But it is dang cute.
She has become incredibly picky over this last month and basically lives off of Mac n' cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, and cereal.
Along with the picky-ness comes the "I can do it myself" attitude. She is constantly wanting to feed herself with a spoon, which she is surprisingly good at for her age.
Peekaboo is a favorite game. She loves to do it back to you, only she doesn't quite cover her eyes. Just envision her putting her hands over her cheeks, and pulling them off fast while you say peekaboo.
She is becoming more brave. While taking her bath, she will stick her face in the water several times, pretending to blow bubbles like Daddy.
The biggest change (for me) is the transition to one nap. Yep, I have a one nap baby. I am so sad. Believe me, I tried to hold on to that second nap, but she would have nothing to do with it.
Even though she takes one nap, it is still worth it when I go in to get her and she is running in circles around her crib, smiling and jabbering away.
We also had another first this month....falling down the stairs. Luckily she only suffered from a bleeding, fat lip. But we survived. Both parents and child. It was bound to happen at some point considering her interest in stairs has really increased.
Lastly, (whew) Alayna has learned how to "bump" hands (some people say pound fists). You know, where you make a fist and "bump" the other person's fist. Anyway, she is good at it and it really is quite cute.
Now onto the fun part. Pictures!
Sportin' the beanie inside. She loved wearing her hat.
"I am so happy to wake up from my nap, but I have one question. Has anyone seen my binky?"
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
14 Months Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She sure is a cutie! I was watching her the first week Dan came to church with her (I think you were not well..) she is such a pretty little thing and fun to watch. Can't believe that she is 14 months, gosh!
She is darling! How cute that she is a daddy's girl.
I also got to meet her that Sunday. Even cuter in person!
Hey, we'll be in laramie on wed. for a cowboys game. If we get there early enough I'll give you a call and maybe we can visit for a minute. Oh, and if you want to go to the game with us, we can get student discount tickets. By the way, alayna is cuter than ever!
Post a Comment