Tuesday, January 13, 2009

3 Months Old!

I could go on about how I can't believe she is 3 months already and where has time gone, but I won't. :)

Alayna has become more and more fun. She is constantly babbling and "telling us stories". She is such a happy baby (when she gets her sleep). We have noticed her mellowing out a bit. She is still as strong-willed as ever, but she doesn't seem to throw her little tantrums as much. She is better at letting us know what she wants and we have become better at figuring out what she wants.

Although, we have noticed a little bit of attitude starting to show at times. What a girl thing! The other day Dan was trying to cut her fingernails, and she let him know really quick that she didn't want any of that. She turned to him and gave him a little attitude while whining right at him. I am sure we will be seeing more of this.

I have put together some pictures of things that Miss Alayna has been doing this last month. Enjoy!

Just a precious picture of our sweet girl.
Miss blue eyes. I had to document how blue her eyes are. Up until now, I haven't been able to get a picture where it did her eyes justice. We get comments on how blue her eyes are all the time. (That, and how much hair she has.) We will see if they stay blue. I have green eyes and Dan has hazel.

Here is Mommy and 'layna' reading a story. This has become a FAVORITE! She absolutely LOVES to listen to stories. And she has just recently decided that she can read the story instead of Mommy. I can barely get a word in edgewise.


Oh, those tastey fingers! If she is not smiling or talking, then she probably has a hand or at least some fingers in her mouth with TONS of slobber everywhere.

Tummy time! I have been trying to put Alayna on her stomach more to build up those neck muscles and this is the process that we go through each time:

"This is not too bad. Maybe, I like being on my tummy."


"Oh, wait a minute, maybe this is not as fun as I thought."


"Hey! I don't like this! Turn me over!"


We also play a game where I pull her up into sitting position. Of course she can't stay in that position long with out wobbling everywhere and I have to give some extra support, but she likes looking all around. There is so much to see when you are sitting up.
If you look close, you can see her Dennis the Mennis hair. For some reason that hair just WILL NOT STAY DOWN! So I give up.

Alayna just discovered the TV the other day. (I know. Most babies have already discovered this long ago...) BUT, we don't have cable so we don't watch TV much, unless we want to watch a movie. Normally this is done when Alayna is asleep, but one night she woke up early from a nap and could not take her eyes of the TV.

Tired baby. 9 times out of 10 this is what happens when she gets tired. Rubbing over and over again.


Airplane! You gotta love this game. Well, we play airplane in the mirror so she can see that cute baby. She gets so excited that she doesn't quite know what to do with herself so instead of giving us a big cheesy smile, (which she does quite often) she will open her mouth as wide as it will go. So funny! So I humor her by doing the same thing. We could do this forever. Ahhhh, simple joys.

Can you say CHEESE?! Alayna has definitely mastered the big, cheesy grin and we LOVE it. I think it is about the cutest thing ever! She is constantly smiling and we simply can't get enough. Isn't she just about the cutest baby you have EVER seen! (Unless you have a baby of your own and then I am sure you think your baby is cuter:)


11 comments:

Craig and Karissa said...

She is so cute! I love the blue eyes! We miss you guys so much! Hope all is going well!

Kelly and Kyla said...

Those are some really good pictures. I love the smile with tongue sticking out. Jace is sitting here looking at her saying "hi" I got him to say Layna, but it sounds like Nana.

Cameron and Wendy said...

SHE IS SO DANG CUTE!! She has amazing blue eyes! Seriously Erica...she is absolutely gorgeous. It is crazy that she is three months old already!

Anonymous said...

Your baby is darling! This is Rochelle, Justus' wife. Your baby is absolutely adorable and she is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! My blog is private but if you want to see it - just email me - jrovery@yahoo.com - and I'll add you!

Paul & Kaytie said...

Wow, she really has grown up fast. Has it been that long since we've hung out? Maybe Paul and I should come up this weekend and we could go to dinner or something? Alayna is such a darling baby. Her hair is so cute.

Lauren said...

She is such a pretty girl! I love her hair and her eyes. You guys make CUTE babies! :)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

She is so cute!!!! I hope we can see you all sometime soon. We love seeing all the pictures, so keep them coming:)

Cindy said...

She is a doll!

Sarah said...

She seriously is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen, Erica! I had a dream last night that our little girl was here - I can't wait! Only a couple more months left.

Jill said...

Erica, I can't believe how beautiful that little Alayna is. I love all that hair!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already 3 months old. Wow that seemed like it went by way too fast! What a beautiful little girl see is, and those EYES, I love them!!! I'm so glad to be able to stay connected with you through blogging. Keep in touch! Love you!