I now have a one year old on my hands and I can also say that I have survived a year of being a mom.
Over this past month Alayna has learned to shake her head as if to say no, but in fact most of the time she is meaning to say yes. I don't think she has the slightest clue what it means, she just knows she has seen me do it a lot.
She has also become quite the dancer. She will dance to any music, whether it is slow or fast, but mostly she likes to dance to the music on the movie Cars.
Her dance moves consist of banging her head as well as moving her body up and down.
Check out this video to see her moves.
She now prefers walking to crawling. She can take several steps without help. I would not say that she is proficient by any means, but she is getting closer all the time.
Here she is with the walker toy that Aunt KaLee and Uncle Ronnie (well, actually Easton) let us borrow.
Her favorite thing to eat is an entire thing of Easy Mac. Yes, she can and will eat the ENTIRE thing. We are constantly amazed at the amount of food she will eat.
And she definitely has a pot belly to prove it.
We have just learned that Dan had the same enormous appetite when he was her age. I am proud to say that she does not get that gene from me. :)
Here she is eating her B-day dinner....French Fries. (I know. Real healthy.) Everyone else chooses their favorite meal for their birthday, why not her?
French fries it is.
Ice cream.
She LOVES ice cream. I am proud to say that gene comes from me.
In fact, after her first bite she promptly said, "Mmmmm."
I couldn't have said it better.
2 comments:
I love ice cream and french fries, too. Reading this has made me hungry!
Congratulations on surviving your first year as a mom! :)
Haha! I love it.
Post a Comment