Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reminiscing

One year ago today was my official due date.

I remember having my doctor's appointment on this very day and thinking that if I wasn't in labor, they would at least induce me. I mean, couldn't they see how gigantic and completely ready I was to have this baby?

Apparently not because at the end of the appointment they sent me on my merry way.

The day came and went and no baby.

Little did I know, I would still have six more days of being pregnant.

And now here I am a year later, six days away from celebrating my beautiful baby girl's first birthday and finding myself thinking about how in one short year my life has completely changed for the better.

What a whirlwind! And I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It goes by WAY too fast! I totally agree! Hope you have a great 1st birthday!! You should totally celebrate two days! ;)

Carolyn said...

Erica, reading this made me reminisce when I had Lainey! I was just like you, big and pregnant and hoping to be induced and getting sent home instead! Lainey was born six days late, too.

I can't believe little Alayna is almost one! Wow.

Cameron and Wendy said...

Can you believe how fast the first year goes? It feels like it just keeps going faster too. I can't wait to see what kind of party plans you have in store for Alayna!