Friday, July 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home

At last! The apartment tour! This post is mainly for family who have been itching to see where we live, but don’t have the time to make the 10 hour trek here- yet. But if you care to see our humble abode…read on. I will write the captions above each picture.


Here is the view you see straight ahead when walking in the front door. To my left is a coat closet, which is mainly used for storage now, since there is no need for a coat (or jacket for that matter) in St. George right now.
This is our living room. It is what you see to the right when walking in the door.

Another view of the living room. To the left is a sliding door that leads to the balcony.
This is the balcony. The door on the right is a storage closet where I have tried to fit as much as possible and still be somewhat organized.



Here is one of the views we see when standing on the balcony. It's beautiful, but we have not spent much time enjoying it since it is at least 25 degrees cooler inside.
And here is the view of the pool from the balcony. We LOVE having access to a pool!
Now a view of the dining room. Notice the 4th of July placemats! (Mom, I know you will appreciate this!) To the right of where I am standing is the kitchen.

A view of the kitchen. It is definitely an upgrade from what we had before. There is more cabinet space and it still has the open feel that I love. The door straight ahead is our laundry/storage room.
Another view of the kitchen.
Here is a view of our storage part of the laundry room. Even though it doesn't look like it, I have organized and know where everything is. :) There is one more shelf that is not pictured and underneath that is the majority of my kindergarten stuff. I never realized how much teaching stuff I really did have until I tried to find a place to store it.
Here is the laundry side of the laundry room. By the way, I LOVE having an actual laundry room versus a laundry closet!

When you leave the kitchen and turn left, this is the view of the hallway. Straight ahead is the master bedroom. The door on the left (which you can see just hinges) is the bathroom. There are the two doors on the right. The first is a linen closet and the second (which you can see only hinges), is the soon-to-be baby Stevens' room.
Here we have the "soon-to-be baby"/"I don't know where else to put it" room. All of the stuff piled on the left is baby stuff that has been given to us that we have not had a chance to assemble.

*Yes, I am aware of the gray dot that keeps appearing in the pictures. I apologize for this. Our camera needs to be fixed.
A tour of our apartment wouldn't be complete without seeing all of Dan's hunting souvenirs. Now, if I could just find a good place to put them. I know, he has already suggested hanging them up on the wall. He thinks the baby will like them.
Here is a view of the closet and the shelf that my wonderful husband made for my classroom. Now it will store all of the baby's things.
Here we see that the closet is not really meant for the baby, just the clothes that need to be hung. The rest of the closet is devoted to scrapbooking and crafts. Oh yeah, and Dan's golf clubs.
And here is a view of the bathroom. I think it is actually smaller than one in our other apartment, but we have a sink and cabinets in our master bedroom to make up for it.
And now we walk into the master bedroom.
A view to the right of the bed. (sorry about the lighting.)

A view to the left of the bed where you can see our office part of the room as well as the sink and cabinets that I mentioned earlier. The door to the left that is closest to the sink leads to the bathroom and the door on the right with the mirror on it, is our walk-in closet.
A view into our closet. It is not as big as the one we had before, but I am not complaining because it IS a walk-in closet and I am sure some of the shoppers at DI appreciated the down-sizing since that is where a lot of our clothes went. AND it helped me get rid of those clothes that you think you will someday wear, but someday never comes.
I just couldn't end the tour with our closet, so I decided to show you a closer look of the fabulous pool that we get to enjoy when the weather isn't TOO blazing hot.

4 comments:

KaLee said...

So glad you finally posted this! Now I have a nice visual of you typing on the computer, or cooking, etc.

Kelly and Kyla said...

Hey Dan & Erica, nice spread! Looks rather cozy there. Someday we need to get Kyla to blog too.

Unknown said...

Hi Smare,
Thanks for the VIP tour! I think it will be a great place for your family! We're looking forward to a "for real" visit and checking out that enticing looking pool up close and personal when your Dad & Mom need to rest their old weary bones.

Love, Mom

Carolyn said...

I love your new place, Erica! You have it decorated so cute, and it looks nice and organized. :)